If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above to link up.


1. In two or three sentences describe yourself to someone who has never met you. I am a child of God, married to my pastor, mother of two girls and gigi to one grandson.  I'm retired and loving retirement.  Life is good (not perfect) but good and I'm mostly a joyful person who is glad to still be alive.

2. Will you celebrate Halloween this year, and if so tell us how? No, we'll be packing up to leave the next day for our fall vacation.  Let's play this or that-chocolate candy or fruity candy? Chocolate pumpkin seeds or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin Pie Halloween party or scary movie?  Really neither, but Halloween Party as I cannot handle scary movies hay ride or corn maze? Hay Ride, but I'd love to try a corn maze too. carve a pumpkin or paint a pumpkin? Paint

3. What's something that scared you when you were young? The Dark Are you still afraid? Not really scared, but I don't like not be able to see anything.

4. Your favorite soothing drink? Hot Chocolate

5. Are you thinking about Christmas yet? Yes, in fact I bought the first Christmas gift last week and we're watching Christmas movies.  Does this make you feel happy or stressed? Happy!

6. Insert your own random thought here. Hubby and I dropped off our absentee voter's ballots at the Board of Elections this morning.  So glad to have this checked off on our to do list before leaving next Tuesday.

I'm so excited to be here next week.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

17 comments:

  1. We have absentee ballots because one year, we were out of the country but I think we'll vote in person this time. For my state, it's pretty important now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda of think for all of us it's pretty important this year.

      Delete
  2. That kind of pitch darkness sure makes me appreciative of my eyesight. I can't begin to imagine how those who are blind get about; pretty amazing. I love Christmas shopping (on-line) ... the planning, especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our eyesight is so important and I feel blessed to have mine.

      Delete
  3. We voted by mail as well since we're in another state currently and weren't sure we'd be home for election day. Baby girl came early so we probably will now but better safe than sorry. It's a big election. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Joyce. So happy for you guys with a new grandbaby, Enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. I've never voted using an absentee ballot. I guess we don't travel much during the fall weekdays. I hope you will post photos from the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to take my laptop, so I probably will.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how nice to anticipate being at the seashore in the Fall. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. We are staring at our ballots and will make sure they are in the right box before we head across state to a funeral. Hope your last weekend in October goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you be safe traveling across the state.

      Delete
  6. Have a great vacation!! I enjoyed your answers to yet another great Hodgepodge from Joyce! Keep us posted on your travels or fill us in when you get back!! Yay! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful answers! We turned in our absentee ballots also, although we are not going anywhere...except to "work" each day at Dixie Cottage. We have been doing the absentee ballots for a few years due to whatever circumstances and now they just automatically send them to us. I am so happy for you to be taking off for your beach vacation next week! I know you will enjoy that time away. Praying you have wonderful weather. Just relax and enjoy no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your vacation! The beach will be wonderful this time of year. Hope you get relaxed and refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your answers. Have a great vacation! I need to start thinking about Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy