If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday 4 - The End of October

The End of October 

1. Do you give out candy on Halloween to neighborhood kids? Did you ever.. have you always? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.  We don't get a lot of kids trick or treating in our neighborhood.  When we do, we prefer sitting out in the drive-way and passing it out to whoever comes.  A lot depends on the weather.  The last couple of years we haven't passed it out, because quite frankly, I don't need the candy in the house.  I would have a little trouble keeping myself from eating it.

2. We must dress up as this Halloween.. Yes, you have to ! What will your costume be this year? I used to sometimes dress up as an old lady, but now I don't need a costume for that as I am an old lady.  If cost wasn't an issue, I'd love to dress as the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella.  I used to want to get a job at Disney World when I retired and be the Fairy Godmother.

3. Have you ever carved pumpkins? Have you visited the gorgeous Hudson Valley in New York state? I have carved them but it's been a long time.  No I have never been in New York at all.

4. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving takes place in Sleepy Hollow a town known today as Tarrytown, NY. a lovely town in the Hudson Valley not far from the Catskill Mountains, site of Rip Van Winkle. The Hudson Valley is considered one of the most beautiful places in America. The Hudson separates NY from New Jersey Do you know the Legend of Sleepy Hollow? How about Rip Van Winkle? Do you believe either could be based on true stories as some believe? Why/ why not? I know I've heard both stories or at least part of them, but no I really don't know much about them and so I really can't answer the last questions.

Thanks for stopping by and you can get the questions and link up here if you'd like.

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. Since moving here we've never had any trick-or-treaters -- but neither do we encourage them. Just in case (you never know!) I buy one-two bags of candy. The kind I know Tom likes, but I don't! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...we live in the country and there are few kids in our area. Halloween has never been my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. It's not a favorite of mine either.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of the fairy godmother! She was adorable in Cinderella. Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rarely have trick-or-treaters at our house. I usually buy a small bag of candy though just in case, then I hide it in a drawer until the night arrives. :) Our church hosts a Trunk-and-Treat every year and we dress up as characters from Winnie the Pooh. If I had to wear one at home, It would be my Pooh costume. But Halloween has never been my favorite holiday either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never hide chocolate from me, It always call my name and I find it. lol

      Delete
  5. Fairy Godmother would be such a cute costume! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. I need to go back and look into those legends as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Fairy Godmother would be perfect!! What fun to be able to grant such wonderful wishes! I did dress up as an old lady one year and fooled the neighbors. We were new to that house and hadn't met the neighbors yet. When the lady across the street found out I was a young woman (40's at that time) she was so surprised as she thought for sure an old lady was living there! LOL. Now I wouldn't have to dress up much either...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No beggars here for Halloween which is fine with me. I used to wear a witch hat at the Museum (at work) because we had lots of kids through so that was fun. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had I stayed in my hometown, I would have gotten a job at Disneyland after I retired back in 2011. It cost a leg and arm to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool would the fairy godmother be? I think we all would want a job at Disney when we were younger :) and all be princess's I hope you have a good rest of your week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy