If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2023

Bits of This and That

 Good Morning - January 9, 2023

Hubby and I had another nice weekend.  Nothing special to report.  We had a couple good meals out and one of those was lunch with hubby's mom.  She is a lot of fun to be with.  Poor hubby can ever get a word in when she and I are together.  lol 

I got the rest of Christmas down and put away and now I'm starting to sort out some of the knick-knacks and stuff that I don't want to put out again.  Probably going to give them to Vietnam Veterans of America.  They'll come right to your house to get anything you give them.  My sister uses them all the time.

I ordered 2 more of the MudLove bracelets and they arrived on Saturday.  They are a little smaller than my Joy one, but I still love them.

I love this reminder that they give me whenever I look at them. 
 I choose joy because I know I am loved and that gives me hope.


On Sunday morning hubby preached the second sermon in the current series called Unexpected Graces.  It's from the book of Ruth, which by the way is a favorite book of mine.  Here is the pre-recorded sermon that's on YouTube.


I got a short walk in on Saturday, and a bit of a longer walk on Sunday.  It's been a cold but nice weekend and it feels good to have gotten in a little bit of walking.  Better than nothing.  lol

Hope you all had a nice weekend.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. OHHH - I really like the smaller MudLove braclets - I like the shape of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see your sweet comment in my inbox this morning. Of course now you have gotten me in all kinds of trouble. I've been on the Mudlove website looking at the cute bracelets. I wear bracelets like this and now I am very tempted! I wonder if the shipping is a lot if you order just one. But then....they are so cute! heehee! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I bought mine through Amazon Prime so I had no shipping cost. It still comes from the MudLOVE site though. I really don't know how all that works, but no shipping was pretty nice.

      Delete
    2. I'll check Amazon! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. I took down our tree and accessories yesterday, It's not a huge undertaking, but the room looks so empty. Sad. Good to know about the Viet Nam Veterans of America! I need to check and see if there's not a chapter nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's their website: https://vva.org/ You can set up an appointment from this website.

      Delete
  4. How nice that you and your mother-in-law have so much fun! I was blessed like that as well. Joe's mom was such a cutie and so fun! I will check out Viet Nam Veterans of America and see if they operate around here. I've not heard of that organization before. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law and I'm so glad you were too. Here's their website and you can set up an appoint online from this site. https://vva.org/

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy