If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Out West

 

Out West...



 Howdy Partners... welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

Today let's talk about  the West.

1. Got some favorite Cowboy or western movies or TV shows you have liked? I loved Gunsmoke and I love John Wayne.

2.  Ever been to a rodeo or horse show of any kind? No, unless you consider the American Red Cross Annual Beach Ride a horse show.  There are many, many beautiful horses there every year.



3. Can you ride a horse or would you like to try? I have ridden as we had a horse for a while when I was in high school.  I learned how to saddle her and how to ride enough not to fall off. She was really old and rather swaybacked and her name was Honeybunch.  As we would head away from the barn out into the field you could get nothing from her but a slow plodding walk, but when she headed back towards the barn, she would go on a dead run.   Loved it.  Probably at this point in my life, I have no real desire to ride again.

4.  How would a vacation on a dude ranch suit you? Nope, not for me.

How would you respond to these questions?  You can answer in the comments or share your own post.  There is a link-up at the top of the page.  Just click on the words Out West... at the top of the page.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good day.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! My 9th and 10th summers, I got to spend at a girls' horse camp in Colorado. I think my parents figured it was less expensive than buying me my own horse. Then a few years later we spend Thanksgiving weekend at a dude ranch. I loved it -- quite possibly because the head 'wrangler', an older college boy, was totally dreamy. LOL. I still love horses but wouldn't want the responsibility now of owning my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I would have loved a dude ranch back in those days especially with a dreamy older guy. lol

      Delete
  2. I loved having horses but today it's too much work anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree, but we do live in an area where there are many horse farms for boarding the horses. So we see horses almost every time we go out.

      Delete
  3. I always wanted to ride a horse. Who could ever forget Marshall Dillion and Gunsmoke. John Wayne is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine Honeybunch after your description. What a special horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was and I'm so glad we had her for a short time.

      Delete
  5. I love how you described Honeybunch. I don't think I want to ride again either.
    Gunsmoke is such a good show. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like Gunsmoke and Honeybunch was a joy to have for the short time we had her.

      Delete
  6. I love John Wayne, can't believe I forgot to mention him in my answer! Poor Honeybunch, she just wanted to get home. I feel like that now-a-days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... how sweet that you had Honeybunch growing up!! Fun questions and answers today! Have a good week!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special that you had your own horse and such a cute name. Funny how she would run back home! Maybe she thought it was time to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was just so old and didn't really want to give us rides. lol

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed your answers. I've never been on a beach ride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy