If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Things I'm Enjoying This Week

 Doing a new kind of post today.  These are some things I am enjoying this week.

** Books - I'm currently in the middle of two books.  


Actually, I finished this book last night.
I plan to get another one by the same
author later today.

This one is going a little slower for me.
There are lots of descriptions and I'm more
of a person that wants things happening and
I need very little description of where they
are.  Although, it's been fun because Ellen at the 
Happy Wonderer
is posting about her trip
to the place that this book is about.  So, I'm
actually seeing some of the places on her 
post that are in this book.  You should check 
her out today. 


**Sky -  There was a beautiful sky the other night as the sun was starting to set. Of course, I feel my phone seldom does the view true justice.




**Inspire Bible - I am so enjoying this Bible.  I enjoy the coloring and I know I can journal in it too.  Here are a couple of the pictures from the book of Ruth that our current Sunday morning sermon series of Unexpected Graces is from. 



**Movies - I'm enjoying watching free faith-based movies even when they make me cry sometimes. 
"The Girl Who Believes in Miracles" (and it
really did make me cry) is really good.  I 
watched it on Tubi.

Well, that's all I have time for right now, as I have to go meet my sisters in a few minutes.  I hope you all have a really great day.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Becoming Mrs. Lewis has been on my 'hold' list at the library for a while now; I really need to check the estimated wait time. Lucky you, being able to read two books simultaneously! I'm just not able to focus. Hope you enjoyed a sweet time with your sisters. We just returned from another dr. visit to Birmingham. I loathe the drive and city traffic, but just grateful to be home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you get it soon. Someone like me probably has it. I'm a slow reader and a book like this takes me a bit. I'm going to see if I can renew it. I don't think I can finish it in time.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your retirement time reading and watching good movies...and then to be able to go have lunch with your sisters is really sweet. I think your sky photos are just fine. My phone camera does a better job with sunsets than my real good camera., but not good moon shots. I don't have the latest version of phone to do that. That coloring/journaling Bible looks lovely. It actually encourages you to "doodle" while you study God's Word! My son, (who is now in heaven), used to draw a lot while in church. It helped him concentrate more on the message, so that was okay with me. I guess I shouldn't have been concerned at all. And now he is enjoying heaven in person. Well, anyway, I enjoyed your post so much. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it for sure. My daughter did the same thing. I don't think she could have ever sat still without drawing.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading book reviews! That is a beautiful sunset and your camera did just fine. Have a blessed Thursday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are reading and your Bible looks wonderful. Love the sky photos and I hope you had a nice visit with your sister's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy