If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 22, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Hubby and I went out to lunch at Texas Roadhouse on Friday.  Our oldest gave me a gift card for there and we had a wonderful lunch made all the more wonderful because she got it for us. I then ran a couple of errands and we were home for the rest of the day.  On Saturday we went out for maybe an hour or so and then we spent the rest of the day at home. 

I did quite a bit of reading this weekend.  I finished a book Friday, started another and finished it on Saturday and I'm over halfway through another and hope to finish it today.  These 3 books are the last 3 in the Kennedy Stern series by Alana Terry.  I have enjoyed reading them and may check into reading another one of her series soon,

Sunday, we had a great morning service (I'll post the pre-recorded sermon below) and then we picked up some lunch and headed home.  Then later in the afternoon I headed over to my sister's and the 3 of us went to our nephew's wedding.  It was outside in a beautiful area and the weather was gorgeous.  However, out in the sun it was pretty hot.  However the reception was under cover and wasn't terribly hot.  It was a beautiful wedding and my nephew and his new wife looked so very happy.  My brother and sister-in-law looked happy too.  It is so good to see them, as they are so very busy and it's hard to get together sometimes.  Here are a couple of photos I took during the reception.  





Here's Sunday's sermon which was #5 in the Big Promises for Big Problems series.  This one is God's Answer to Resentment.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great week.

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift from your daughter. Food always tastes better when someone else is buying, LOL! The bride and groom make a stunning couple, don't they? I like the b/w photos sitting on the table behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we totally enjoyed lunch. They are such a sweet couple and their wedding was beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I love the bride's gown. I love the pinned up part - maybe the train? - pinned up in the back like a bustle. Gorgeous. What a handsome couple.

    We were out of town for the weekend and ate out a lot but nowhere very satisfying. I do love Texas Roadhouse. Glad you enjoyed a meal out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the train and it was beautiful down and up.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy