If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, June 12, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning!

Happy Monday everyone.  It's been another nice weekend.  On Saturday I got up early and took another 30 minute walk with the dog and then came home and got cleaned up and headed out to lunch with my sister and her husband and my husband's mom.  It was so fun being with family and eating and laughing and talking.  Such a nice time together.  After that we went home and enjoyed a quiet evening watching a couple Hallmark Mystery Movies.  We both have been enjoying these in the last couple months.  We watched one of the Chronicle Mysteries and Mystery 101 movie series,  And I think hubby has a couple more of these recorded to watch.  We usually only watch movies on the weekend.  I know there are some new movie mysteries coming up yet this month that he has set to record. 

On Sunday we had 2 church services and in between hubby and I had Chipotle for lunch and then took a nice nap.  Below is the pre-recorded sermon from Sunday.  It is the last in the series called Big Promises for Big Problems.  This one is titled God's Answer to Despair.


So it was a really nice and relaxing weekend.  Just the way we like it.  Oh and I forgot, we finally got some good rain Sunday evening, which we desperately needed,  Thank you God.

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. I think I need to check out the Hallmark Mystery movies. I just don't watch a lot of TV, especially movies because they last so long and hubby likes to watch his sports...but I don't mind. That's when I read and write. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Always nice when you can spend time with family!! Hope your week is filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with the Hallmark movies, but will be looking. Thanks for the recommendation, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the Hallmark mystery movies. They have just enough suspense & differences from the other movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a fan of Hallmark movies because they always seem to be the same. It has been a long time since I watched one so I might need to revisit!! Thanks for the reminder! Wishing you a good week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get what you're saying. But we enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a lunch out with your family! I love doing that kind of thing as well. Good for you for continuing to walk! We got some rain here as well, and I was so thankful! Our grass and flowers always appreciate it when the Lord does the watering. I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice lunch and glad you are enjoying the Hallmark movies. I watch some everyday and of course I always enjoy the new ones on the weekend. Sadly my husband will not watch them with me,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel blessed that hubby watches them with me.

      Delete
  7. How weekends are to be spent! Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy