If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Thankful Thursday



Hello Friends.  It's time for me to be intentionally thankful again.  Being thankful and remembering, acknowledging, and sharing what God has done and is doing in my life is very important for me.  I also hope that it will encourage others.  Here is a short list of things that come to mind this morning that I am thankful for:

  • Exercise - Continuing in to this 2nd week of exercising 5 times a week for 30 minutes.  I think already I am feeling better at the end of 30 minutes.  I've been praying some, listening to some of my daily scriptures and even singing a little bit (very quietly) while out walking around my neighborhood.  Mostly, I take Lucy with me and we get some time together and plus it wears her out and she's pretty quiet for a while after because she's sleeping.
  • Crochet Circle - Still enjoy meeting with these ladies to crochet together and have lots of good conversation.  I'm still working on the baby blanket.  It's slow but it's coming along.
  • The Gospels - I'm still enjoying Reading the Gospels along with Annie F. Downs each day.
  • Prayer - I've been working on a slide-show to display on the screens at the front of the church.  On the first Tuesday in July, hubby (the pastor) is starting a new Prayer Open House Program.  He will be opening the church sanctuary for 2 hours on Tuesday mornings and anyone that would like to come and pray, may come.  They can come for 2 hours, or 5 minutes and pray, that's all.  The slide shows have some scriptures and will help us get our focus in the right place.  Then in August he will be having a 31 Days of Prayer for us as a church.  He will give prompts for each day so we can pray separately but as a group focused on the things the church needs to pray for.  I'm so excited for these prayer times and to see what God will do in my life and the life of each one in our church.
  • Dentist Appointment - This morning and it's over and I'm so glad.  lol
  • Doctor's Appointments - I think they are all done for this go around and all is good...working on a couple numbers from the lab work, thus the walking I talked about earlier.  lol  
  • New Glasses - I got my new glasses on Tuesday and I'm still adjusting some to the new stronger prescription.  But their doing better.
  • Haircut - Finally went and got a good trim.
That's it for now...it's no longer morning, but better late than never.  Link up with with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness, if you'd like to.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. What a satisfying week you're enjoying. There's nothing like getting a thumb's up after doctor's appointments. (Way to go!) I, too, had my hair trimmed a little while ago. Feels so good when someone else does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a good week and I love a fresh haircut.

      Delete
  2. That's great that you're moving so much! Good luck with the slide show!! The prayer open house sounds like a wonderful ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really risen to meet the challenge of this 5 days a week of exercise. Good for you. I was just getting back into a routine and then fell off the band wagon last week. And not doing much better this week. Looking forward to seeing your finished blanket. I would like to learn to crochet once I wind up some other projects over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the ladies in our group self-taught herself using YouTube videos. She is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful week. I need a haircut, but I am holding off because the last time she cut it way too short...and I am trying to figure out how to tell her to cut it. Thankfully it grows, but I just don't want it that short again. I love my hair stylist, but she tends to get carried away with the scissors. We don't have a lot of other options where we live without traveling a distance. Oh, your prayer times sounds like a wonderful ministry. We have a group of ladies who meet once a week on a Tuesday morning for prayer. I haven't joined in yet because when they started I was working at our son's store, Dixie Cottage, and then when we sold the store it seemed like there was always something else happening, Dr. appts., etc., and I just can't seem to get in the groove of going. But I am so thankful that they are there and I know they are praying for our church and country, etc. We all need more prayer in our lives. Take care and have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Somehow I missed that Dixie Cottage had sold. I've been in and out of the blogging world a lot this year. I guess I need to try to catch up. Have a great weekend,

      Delete
  5. You have been so busy. So glad your exercise is going well. It's that best thing we can do for ourselves as we age. My dad road a bike 2 miles each day and then walked 2 miles each day. He did that into his eighties. He lived until he was 96.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy