If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Hello Summer! In the eastern hemisphere anyway. What's something on your summer bucket list? Do you have an actual summer bucket list? If not, use your hypothetical list. I don't have a bucket list but I do love to take day trips to places in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky and hope to do that a few times over the next couple of months.  Also, I will be going to Texas next month for my daughter's wedding.  

2. What for you is the defining scent of summer? Hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill.

3. What's a (music, food, wine, or flower) festival happening in your part of the country that you would like to attend if tickets/travel/timing was no object? I hope to be out to watch the local fireworks on the 4th and I would love to catch a parade too.

4. Apparently a military whistle blower claims the US has a UFO retrieval program. What say you? Do you believe aliens are out there? I don't know, but I don't think I'd be terribly surprised if there were some.  You do know that our newest military branch is called the U.S. Space Force, right?  I think that's kinda cool.  Here's a link if you want to check it out.  Now, I'm not saying they are looking for aliens, but I loved learning we actually have a U.S. Space Force.

5. Besides your wedding day and the birthdays of any children you may have, what are three of your top experiences in life? Any of our several Disney World Trips with our girls and any other family members we met there.  Any of our trips to Myrtle Beach and also our vacations to the mountains of North Carolina. I just really love any vacation with family and any vacation when it's just the 2 of us.
Disney World

Disney World

6. Insert your own random thought here. 




Hope you are having a great day.  Click on the button at the top of the page if you'd like to link up.

Cathy


16 comments:

  1. LOL at the last graphic and yes on the smell of hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Hope you have a beautiful day too.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I knew your daughter was getting married. Best wishes to them! Just the smell of charcoal heating up does it for me. I feel like you don't smell it that often anymore because everyone has gas grills now. A hamburger on the grill is one of my favorites. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't said a lot because in the beginning there was some doubt whether I could go or not. Hubby will not be going as he can't handle it physically any more. I plan to take pictures and I'll post about it after I get back home. I'll get to be with both daughters, their husbands and my grandson. Gonna miss hubby, but we'll still have a great time.

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of hamburgers and hot dogs cooking on a grill! You are so right- that is quintessentially summer in a smell. That meme made me laugh! I love seeing pics of you and your girls in their younger days. I know you're getting excited to see them together again in Texas! I can't wait to hear about that trip. Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We did have lots of fun on those trips and I'm looking forward to being with them next month.

      Delete
  4. OMG, I so resemble your random thought. Having lived a long time in West Texas, that state will always hold a room in my heart. Where abouts does your daughter live? I hope you're enjoying a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now she lives in the Houston area and the wedding is going to be in Gilchrist which is near Galveston.

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy day trips - or an overnight trip rather than huge planned vacations. I hate to pack - and plan big vacations. I'm more for lets just get in the car and go. It's nice you can leave your state for a day. The only state I can reach in a day from where I live is southern Oregon or Nevada.

    Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your random thought is so funny . . .and so true hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter's wedding....that is so exciting!!! I forgot about fireworks. They are always nice to watch. Your trips all sound special. Love your random...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone above! How exciting to have a wedding to look forward to!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers! Keep us posted about Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you'll be traveling to Texas for a wedding next month and we'll be traveling to Texas for a birthday party next month. I'm glad you are able to travel and be with your family at this special event. Sorry your hubby isn't able to go. Happy summer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your daughter's wedding! Family trips make for great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got plans to catch some fireworks for the 4th as well! Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding and the travel! Hope your summer is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your answers and the last meme made me laugh but thankfully I didn't pee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy