If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, August 28, 2023

Share 4 Somethings - August 2023

 


I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for Share 4 Somethings.  The prompts are things we loved, read, learned and ate in August.

Loved:  I'm still loving our crochet group and I love that I finally finished this baby blanket.  I've got another one started.  I'll have to show a picture here sometime when I get a little farther along on it.


This morning I ordered a kit to make a little turtle.  I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now and this may be the way to start doing it.  It has everything you need and they say it's for beginners.  Now, while I've been crocheting for over 40 years, I've never done something like this.  I hope I can do it and that's it's a lot of fun.  Time will tell.  😉  

I'm also loving our Open House Prayer Time at our church every Tuesday morning.  Hubby just opens the doors of the church, the lights are muted and there is soft worship music playing and scriptures on the screens to encourage worship and prayer.  We've been doing this for almost 2 months now and everyone seems to enjoy coming to the church to pray.  Some come in for a few minutes and some stay a lot longer.  It really is a wonderful way to pray and just spend time with God.  There is no visiting or talking (unless you want to visit outside on the way in or out) or anyone leading. It's just you and the Lord.


Read:  I have read 6 books so far this month. And all have been by the same author, Jean L. Kuhnke.   If you check my Good Reads in the sidebar, you can see what I've read.  I like reading her books as they are fairly short and I love her stories.  Also, she publishes them on Amazon and 100% of the proceeds go to help support a small mission church here in the United States.

I'm still enjoying reading the 4 Gospels along with Annie F. Downs each month.  This month we've been reading the Gospels in the Message, which I really enjoy.

Learned: I can't think of anything specific right now, but I know I've learned things from the sermons and Bible studies I've listened to this month.

Ate: Hubby took me to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday and I had a delicious steak and we also hit Red Lobster this month and some wonderful shrimp dishes.  No pictures, but they both were very good.  But probably my favorite meal was made at home.  Hubby cooked a big pot of green beans with red potatoes and chopped pieces of ham.  Then we had some corn on the cob and I had fresh tomatoes given to me by my sister and a church friend.  Definitely, my favorite summertime meal.

This picture is from July, but it was the
same thing this month, except we
 didn't have the blueberry muffins.

Well that's my 4 Somethings for August.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good weekend.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Emelio-the-Turtle is adorable! I really need to learn something to do with my hands in the evenings. Texas Roadhouse is such fun! Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Texas Roadhouse is so good ... and don't you just loved when someone cooks dinner in your very own kitchen?! Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do and hubby does it quite often or we do it together. He is a much better cook.

      Delete
  3. Great post. I loved learning these things about you. That turtle is so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. I can't wait to start that turtle.

      Delete
  4. You have had a good month!! On to September!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had been crocheting for many years and I got her an Arigurumi book for her birthday last year. She wasn't sure she would like it, but she loves it!! She is constantly making big and little critters. I tried to make a lion and it did not turn out quite right. Part of it was the pattern (it should have been single crochet, and it should have had more than 5 stitches in the first magic circle because it ended up with a cone head), and part of it was me. I hope you have a blast with the turtle and post a picture when it's finished :) https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2023/08/share-four-somethings-august-2023.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy