If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Tuesday 4 - It's for the Birds

 

It's For the Birds

 


From Annie, "Hey there Tuesday 4 fans.  It's so good to have you back.  I hope your week went well and if it didn't then I hope the coming week is stellar for you.

Can we talk about the birds today? Did you know that birds sing all day long but particularly 3 times a day which correspond to the prayers of Daniel the Prophet. His 3 prayer daily corresponded to the 3 daily services in the temple at Jerusalem.."  

1. Do you have a favorite bird?  I love an eagle and I love a cardinal.  But then I like to see all kinds of birds.  This is my favorite picture of a cardinal I took a few years ago.



2. Do you find singing birds comforting or annoying? Mostly I enjoy hearing the birds singing.

3. Can you recognize the songs of particular birds or is it all the same to you?  I really don't know one from another.

4. Every year many birds die from being fed too much sugar.  Grape jelly glues shut the beaks of birds and honey , corn syrup or other substitutes to white sugar does the same to humming birds. We are warned to use only white refined sugar for humming birds.             (Always use refined white sugar (regular table sugar). Never use honey, corn syrup or raw, unprocessed sugars. Powdered sugar (also called confectioners' sugar) often contains additional ingredients, such as cornstarch. Therefore, it is not recommended for use in creating hummingbird food)  Do you feed the birds or provide water or shelter for them?  Earlier this summer I was feeding hummingbirds, but I was having trouble keeping up and changing their water often, so I ended up taking the feeders down.  In the winter when it snows, I enjoy putting out seed for them.  I have 2 bird houses hanging in a tree and I know birds have built nests at least twice in one of them.

Thanks for visiting and if you'd like to link up with Annie, you can do that here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the hummingbirds are quite greedy little rascals these days. I have been having trouble keeping up with the feeder as well. It is so hot here that I fear the nectar will ferment if not changed frequently. We can't have little hummingbirds getting drunk on the nectar! I've done better this summer than in the past with it...last year I don't think I put out the feeders at all because I just couldn't manage it. Oh, I am happy you have had birds build nests in your bird houses. I am sure the birds appreciate having a safe and dry place to raise their babies! Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took that photo of the cardinal? That's an amazing capture, Cathy!
    Before it became difficult for Tom to get about he used to enjoy tending the birds' feeders. Maybe come Winter ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. I hope you will be able to tend the feeders soon. Take care my friend.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely shot of the bird.
    We don't have them here. Most birds are grey or black.

    Enjoy the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo of the cardinal. It would make a lovely Christmas card. Thank you for joining in. I just love reading everyone's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cardinals are so pretty. We don't see any here in Southern CA. I don't know one birds sound from the other's either. I do however like hearing them. That's nice of you to put seed out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo!! This was a fun Tuesday 4. I think we all like birds, don't know their songs, and most of us don't feed regularly... Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy