If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Summertime Easy Living?

 

Summertime Easy Living?

 Annie says, "Hey! Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we ask just 4 questions each week to give you something to blog about, something to think about and a reason to visit other blogs!

Summer time and the living is easy says the song.  So how is summer going for you? Let's talk about it....."

1. How has it been so far? I think it's been a really good summer.  Life is good!

2. What have you been doing this summer? Blogging, reading, crocheting, watching TV and Mystery Movies in the evenings.  Spending time with family and specified times of praying (Tuesday mornings, Open House Prayer Time at Church and then August 31 Days of Prayer).  I also went to Texas for my daughter's wedding.  As I said in #1, it's been a really good summer.

3. What are you going to do? Any plans? As far as I know, there are no special plans except to celebrate hubby's birthday later this week and next month our women's Bible study group will be starting up again.

4. It's been hot in most of the country but here on the Jersey coast it's been perfect so far. Not too hot, not too cool but just right with breezes.   How are you weathering the heat. Any tips on staying  cool on hot, humid days?  Clothing, food, drinks, fans, air conditioning? Let us know your secrets to keeping cooler.  I'm doing okay with the heat.  I figure that I survived an outdoor wedding in Texas late in July, so I should be able to handle whatever August in Ohio throws at me. lol  I always make sure to have something nearby to drink so I don't get dehydrated and I stay inside with air conditioning as much as possible on the really hot days.  I have a little fan that plugs into my iPhone and I carry that almost anywhere I go, just in case.  

Hey Annie, Thanks for these questions and for the link-up.  Thanks everyone else for visiting.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. Yes, you are brave to go to the outdoor wedding in Texas in the summertime, but it was your daughter's wedding, so you really had no choice! LOL. So glad it worked out so well and that it was a beautiful wedding. I remember summers in Ohio, and we didn't have AC when we lived there. It could be very hot! But it doesn't stay quite as hot as it does here in Florida. Sounds like you've had a good summer...and lots of good things to look forward to next month. Me too. September is like when life begins all over again. LOL. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, September is like starting all over again and I love it too. Thanks for visiting Pam.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations with the wedding and the birthday.
    The iPhone fan sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An outdoor wedding in July in Texas, WoW!!! I'm sure it was beautiful the mission of the day made the heat tolerable. Congrat to the bride and groom. I love to study the Bible with a group of women, always learn a lot, pray a lot, and laugh a lot. Hope you're enjoying a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary. That was a good way to say it..."the mission of the day made the heat tolerable." Yes, I love to study the Bible with a group of women too.

      Delete
  4. So exciting that it is time for Bible studies to resume! Celebrating birthdays is pretty fun too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm happy that both are coming up soon.

      Delete
  5. What a trooper you are about the heat and humidity. It didn't used to bother me when I was young, but now I'm turning into a whiney brat. (lol)
    Oh, I saw what you commented to Terri about a possible trip to Florida next year and meet up with her and Pam. I'd make that drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your answers. Happy Birthday to your husband. Water is very important for us. I try to drink as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to carry your water around with you. I did not drink enough this morning. I came home and drank a bottle of water.
    I love all of the things you listed on #2! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little, portable fans are SO great! I've never heard of one that plugs into a phone but love my little battery-operated fan. I enjoyed your answers!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know more about the little fan that attaches to the cell phone. There was a heatwave when we were in Oregon. Fires too, so it was smoke too. Crazy weather everywhere. Lots of rain in my area while I was gone because of the Hurricane. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear that summer has been good to you. Yes, if you can take outdoor Texas in summer I guess that makes a person pretty weather resistent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've had a great summer. We celebrate my hubby's birthday on the 31st

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy