If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning:

It's a beautiful morning, but it's going to get really hot as the day goes on and it will be really hot all week.  But that's okay because we are blessed to have air conditioning.

We had a nice weekend and the weather was really nice...not too hot at all.  It was pretty quiet for us.  We went out for lunch on Friday and Saturday and took something home for lunch on Sunday after church. Saturday evening while watching some TV, I also scrubbed down my bathroom and did some laundry. 

I read a good book (you can see in my sidebar for Good Reads what I read).  And I started another one.  We watched some TV and really just relaxed this weekend (actually, we do that most weekends.).

I finished this baby blanket last Wednesday and I've started another one.


Here's a pre-recorded copy of the Sunday morning sermon.


Life is good and I feel so blessed.  I hope you are having a good day and thanks for visiting.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the colors in that baby blanket! Air conditioning is a blessing, indeed. It's a good, albeit quiet, day so far. 'Feeling doubly-blessed to be retired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air conditioning is always a good thing to be thankful for, but especially this week! I did similar projects on Saturday....scrubbing grout in my bathroom and did some laundry. Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. I need to do some bathroom scrubbing, etc. too. I also found some little cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling in the laundry room and had to sweep them down. They only show up in the sunlight, and I rarely am in there when the sun is shining like that...so that was a surprise. I wonder how many more cobwebs are in places in this house that I can't see! I shudder to think about it. LOL. Guess I need to get a broom and start sweeping the ceilings! Oh yes, so thankful for air conditioning. I don't think we would have survived this summer without it! It has been very brutally hot here. Fall can't get here soon enough for me!! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby blanket! Well done! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. It was a stitch I had never really done before and I really liked it.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely weekend! I sympathize with you on the weather. It's not bad if you don't have to get out in it, but that's where my issue comes in. I just know that I'm going to sweat, and I come home to take a cool shower. I love the baby blanket! Do you give them as gifts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I've got 3 sitting in the wings now waiting to give.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy