If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. If your life had a theme song for this past year what would it be? Goodness of God.  But actually this is my theme song for my whole life.




2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate??? My favorite would be chocolate cake.  Most recently, I had some low sugar chocolate ice cream.

3. What has surprised you recently? That I've been enjoying watching some of the Hallmark Mystery Movies.  I've never been a super fan of the mystery genre.  But they are better than I thought and I even read a whole mystery series by Alana Terry a few months ago.  Who knew?

4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently? Yes, I am a registered voter.  A couple of months ago we had a vote on a state constitutional amendment  It did not go the way we hoped, but at least we had our chance to voice our opinion through a vote.

5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? No, I really don't like to hike very much...but if there's a beautiful view or waterfall at the end, I like it a little better. I do like to walk.  It's for exercise and also to let the dog do some exploring.  It's not a daily routine, but I like for it to be at least 3-4 times a week.  As the weather is cooling down, I hope to make it a little more regular.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

My grandson turned 7 on Saturday! 
Time is flying by so fast.
I sure do love this boy and his mama!

Thanks for visiting and if you'd like to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge (come on...you know you want to), click the button at the top of the post.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. What a great song choice, Cathy! Her voice is something else!
    This is a great photo of Colton and his momma; how are they enjoying living in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely love it. I was just facetiming with his mama and got to talk to him for a minute after school. They are really happy to be there. I'm hoping that next year we'll get to visit them there.

      Delete
  2. Your grandson is such a cutie. So grown up looking. It's a bit surprising to me how quickly time flies in terms of the grands. I love a mystery but haven't watched any of the Hallmark version. I'll have to check that out. We are always looking for something to watch. So many channels and not a lot that interests us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the weather has all of us wanting to go outside and enjoy the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post. I'll have to check out the Hallmark Mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness of God gets me every time. He is such a faithful God. Let's see, for me it would have to be chocolate truffles. I try not to have them very often but sometimes I crave them! Then chocolate mousse. I just love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter and grandson are both adorable!! Great song choice! I love that everyone I've read so far has chosen a hymn or praise song. Praise God!! Happy hump day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness of God is my favorite song! I listen to the Jennifer Johnson version on my playlist though. I just did early voting today. Turning 7 is such a fun age for kids to enjoy their birthdays! My great nephew turns 7 next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness of God is one of my favorite songs - what a great choice! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful song choice. Interesting about the Hallmark Mystery movie. I haven't become a fan yet but I should try them. I always see people I like in the commercials for them. I'm glad that you walk. Hiking can be very difficult. Happy 7th Birthday to your precious, handsome grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that song by CeCe as well. I enjoy hallmark mysteries too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happiest birthday wishes to that cute seven year old! Chocolate cake seems like a perfect way to celebrate him:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy