If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Saturday 9


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here

1) In this song, Dean Martin sings that the streets are white with snow. Do you anticipate a White Christmas this year? It's always a possibility. I haven't heard the forecast though.

2) He tells us he's done plenty of window shopping this season. Do you find you're influenced by a retailer's window dressing and store decor? Are you more motivated by price? Or do you do most of your shopping online, making holiday decorations irrelevant? This year was all online shopping and it's done.   

3) Dean was born in Steubenville, OH. Though he rarely returned to his hometown, it was in his thoughts during the holidays. Every Christmas he made like Santa and sent toys to hospitalized children in the Steubenville area. Are there toys on your shopping list this year? No toys this year.  

4) He had fast hands when it came to cards and before he was famous he worked as a dealer in Atlantic City. When you play cards, what's your favorite game? Uno

5) Dean Martin was an avid reader ... of comic books. Especially in bed when he was on the road and couldn't sleep. Much as he enjoyed comic books, he was embarrassed by them. What do you do when you can't sleep? I read.  Sometimes I scroll social media, but then I can't seem to go back to sleep.  So it's better for me to read until I get sleepy. 

Now let's have a few holiday-specific questions: 

6) Every year, the United States Postal Service introduces special holiday stamps. Do you purchase them? I have before but mostly I just use regular stamps. 

7) Do you have a funny/ugly holiday sweater? No, not any more. Wait a minute.  I do have a sweatshirt that I got when my sister passed away a couple months ago.

8) Do you wrap your presents or use gift bags? Both, but this year the girls are doing the wrapping for me.

9) We're doing Christmas karaoke! What holiday or winter-themed song will you perform? Silver Bells

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


14 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, I find that reading works best too. Time can really fly if I get on my IP. I dare not get on my laptop, because the I will watch a YouTube movie. They have lots of Christmas movies right now. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I've been known to get so involved in a book, that I stay up half the night just to finish it. lool

      Delete
  2. Silver Bells is a lovely song. I am sorry you lost your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver Bells is a pretty song. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Bells is my favorite Christmas song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry about your sister.

    Silver Bells is a pretty song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Silver Bells! Another fun Saturday 9!! Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I wish someone would do the wrapping for me. That is my least favorite Christmas chore. I've always gotten the Christmas stamps until this year. I'm learning as I get older that Christmas doesn't have to be perfect, that people don't even notice all those little details I used to kill myself over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are so right Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love your new look here, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend. And I love to wrap presents (reading Stacy's comment).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy