If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, December 15, 2023

Christmas Stuff

 It's been a good week.  I have most everything done for Christmas now and it's time to relax and enjoy, with just a few things left to do.

The girls made Amazon Wish Lists and gave me access to them,  So on Wednesday afternoon, I bought and mailed through Prime all the gifts, for the girls, their hubbies and Colton.  The gifts are enroute to my oldest daughter's house.  I did a separate shopping cart for each one.  They are all addressed to Kelli and then each person's first name is added after her name.  That way, even though they are coming in separate deliveries, she will know whose is whose.  So her sister will wrap her stuff and she will wrap Kerri's and they they'll wrap the others' gifts together.  My girls still love to open wrapped gifts and don't want it spoiled before Christmas morning.  I think it's working well.  Plus I could ship them free that way and I don't have to gift wrap.  lol  And most importantly, they are happy with it!

Some things I still need to do:

*  I'm spending extra time practicing the piano for the Christmas Carol and Candle Sing on Sunday evening.  Also, we'll add extra lights and decorations Sunday afternoon for that service.

*  I still have a couple of Christmas cards to send...most are finished and mailed already.

*  I still need to buy the ham for Christmas dinner.

That's pretty much all I need to do.  I'm sure there will be other things that pop up, but I feel pretty good about being prepared this year.

Fun stuff:

*  Hubby and I are taking his mom out for dinner and Christmas light viewing tonight.  It's her birthday and we'll celebrate that too.

*  We have plans with Kelli to watch "White Christmas" together Saturday evening, hopefully.  And by together, I mean she's in Florida and we're in Ohio.  I'm looking forward to it!  I'm so glad one of my girls loves "White Christmas" as much as we do.  In 2012, we went to a White Christmas Sing-a-long that was so fun.  I wrote about it here, if you're interested.  The 3 of us had a blast and I would love to do this again someday.

*  Our annual Christmas Carol and Candle Sing is Sunday night and we always have fun with this.

Hoping to enjoy all these things with as little stress as possible. We still have not made definite decisions about when we'll get with hubby's family for Christmas and my family will probably wait until sometime after the first of the year.  Our brother would like to have time to celebrate with his grandson who is 2 and this should be a really great Christmas for them with him.  Also my sister and her husband have both been ill with congestion and colds and they just need to have a quiet celebration for now.  So plans are up in the air, but I don't intend to worry about them.  I choose instead to have JOY!

from the internet

Thanks for visiting and I hope your season will be joyous and free of stress!

Cathy



12 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time tonight seeing all the Christmas lights! We haven't done that yet this year! Hooray for the to-do list about done and now just for enjoying Christmas! I'm right there with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch White Christmas. I used to watch it with my mom as we wrapped presents. I watched it with my dad at his last Christmas. I really like the older traditional Christmas movies, but National Lampoon Christmas and Elf make me laugh. We know that laughter is good medicine! I still have to get my cards finished, and I am almost done with shopping. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I've ever watched the whole National Lampoon Christmas, but I've enjoyed Elf, but I much prefer White Christmas.

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to take care of shopping, wrapping, etc. I wish I'd thought of that. I love the White Christmas idea too! So sweet to do that. Happy Birthday to your MIL. And I guess I didn't realize that you play the piano! What a joy that is. I never learned. I was told when I became a pastor's wife that the pastor's wife always played the piano at our first church. I told them that unless they wanted to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb and Chopsticks, they might want to find someone else to play. LOl. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas no matter when it happens. We are kind of the same...not sure when we will get with our extended family...still up in the air, but it will happen when it's right. Christmas still happens regardless!! Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Christmas will happen anyway.

      Delete
  4. I love this idea of letting Amazon do the heavy lifting! Clever!
    It sounds like your priorities are just where they're meant to be with lots of love and NO stress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to JOY!! I wish we had Amazon Prime with free delivery back when everyone was younger and we still bought gifts and shipped them north. Sometimes the shipping was more than the cost of the gifts. Much easier these days!! I'm sure your Christmas Carol and Candle Sing will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gifts send to my parents house with each indvidual's name on it so they know who it is for as they wrap. It is crazy how 99% of gifts are purchased online these days, but it is so nice to make that easier. It sounds like you have lots of good plans and preparations in place for the holiday week. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon works out great for Christmas and sending things right to their house. I do that with Amber and Dylan. Adam and Gabby's I mail here so I can wrap them. I'm not ready yet, still working on my tree and only putting about half the ornaments on and then I have wrapping to do but It should all be done in time. Way to go on practicing the piano. You sound very organized. Enjoy the movie with Kelli. Enjoy your JOY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy