If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Sharing 4 Somethings - January 2024


 

Today is our first Share 4 Somethings of 2024 and we're sharing some things we've loved and/or disliked, accomplished, some things we've improved up and/or that need improvement, and noticed.

Loved - I've loved spending a little more time at home.  With the snow and really cold temperatures, we've opted not to go out some days.  I'm loving watching The Chosen again.  I'm also loving listening to the gospels with Annie F. Downs.  

Accomplished - I finished putting away Christmas decorations and have 3-4 big boxes to donate.  I know I will be happy for that next year when I don't have to carry all those boxes in and go through them to decide what I want to use. 

Improved/Still improving I'm liking the results of downsizing and decluttering some.  I'm very slow at this process, but I'm loving the results.

Noticed - I've noticed that my reading has slowed down some.  I'm reading the 3rd book in a series and the main character was introduced in book 2 and I didn't much care for her (not knowing she would be the main character in this book)  but I want to finish it (although, I know I said in an earlier post that I rarely finish a book I don't like) so I can read book 4.  So while that has slowed me down, I intend to pick it back up this weekend and get on with my reading goal for the year.

That's my 4 Somethings to share.  You can click here if you'd like to link up.



Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

13 comments:

  1. This was a nice short and sweet post. Glad you are enjoying "at home time" while the weather sorts itself out. We have been quite warm this week, but next week promises us some cooler temps again. Our AC/Heat unit can go from one extreme to the other in a few hours. Starts out with heat in the morning and by afternoon it is back to AC. We are thankful for an automatic thermostat that handles that for us so we don't have to keep changing it. This is typical weather for us here in late winter/early spring. I know what you mean about not liking a character in a book and it becomes tedious reading. I hope you get through it and on to the next in the series. Hopefully the next main character will be better! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed staying at home some when it snowed here last week! The two days that we stayed in were wonderful. I go through ups and downs with reading, as well, but I've been on a upward climb this month. I'll share about my books next week, but have you read anything by Sarah Morgan? You may like her! I'm reading one by her now that is very sweet. (There was one part that didn't fit with the rest of the book that I skimmed...but I can overlook that one incident.) Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post. I did a Christmas declutter a few years ago so I hear you on having less to store and carry in. For some reason, our house (we've been here since 2019) has less flat spaces to display Christmas décor and I like the minimalist look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I think there's lots to be said for slow and deliberate decluttering. This way, you've no regrets. (Ask me how I know ... lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed staying home more due to the cold and rain, also! I have been slowly going through clothes and donating stuff. Even though I've gotten rid of bags of stuff, I can't really tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have slogged through a book if it's part of a series; particularly if I enjoyed the other books in the series because I do hold out hope that I'll like it in the end! Usually I don't bother to finish a book I'm not enjoying though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the packing up of Christmas. I am still doing that and have gotten several things together to give away. There will be a lot more as I continue to work on packing everything up. It feels so good. I am looking forward to doing this to every closet and cabinet in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool thing to do (this meme). Wishing you a beautiful Sunday (tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting your Christmas decorations sorted and put away for another year!! I really need to get busy with some purging. Sigh. Have a blessed Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for cleaning out things and putting away Christmas items! I feel so much better now that my Christmas decor is put away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so hard to finish a book with a dislikable character...especially if the author does not give them any redeemable qualities! Good luck. Cindy https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2024/01/share-four-somethings-january-2024.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm like you...I want to persevere and finish a book (especially one in a series) even when I don't really enjoy the book. Why? I dunno but I do. Hope your book has a good ending:) And hoory for organzing the Christmas bins. Such a good feeling!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same way. Sometimes I start a book that I think sounds great, then stop reading because it doesn't grab my attention within the first 3 chapters.
    Visiting today from Jennifer's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy