If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thankful Thursday

There is a link-up here for Thankful Thursday


 Do you remember the old song, "Thank You Lord, for Your Blessings on Me"?  This is how I'm feeling this morning.



While the world looks upon me,
as I struggle alone
And they say I have nothing,
but they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing,
how I wish they could see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

I know I'm not wealthy,
and these clothes they're not new
and I don't have much money,
but Lord I have you
and that's all that matters,
though the world may not see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me


Many years ago, over 30, I used to sing this song with 2 of my cousins and my brother.  The words are still true today.  I'm leaving in a few minutes to go see my doctor and find out about the results of the test I had last week.  Prayers would be appreciated.  I thank those of you who have already been praying.  UPDATE:  I'm back from the doctor and was referred to a cardiologist.  I stopped in at the heart doctor's office which was just around the corner from my doctor and made the appointment, which will be in February.  I don't believe anything is real bad, but just needs to be checked out by the cardiologist.  So, until then, I'll be making some changes in my eating habits and also adding a little more exercise time.  I know no matter what, God is watching over me.  Thanks for your prayers.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love the Gaither songs but I don't think I have heard this one. Or, if I have had, it has been a while!:) Thanks for sharing the lyrics. how appropriate! Will certainly pray as you go to the cardiologist. Here's to healthy eating and some exercise - good advice for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of that song before but it is beautiful! Praying for you and for good news from the cardiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that old song and appreciate you sharing it with us. I share your sentiments about it. Praying for you as you seek further medical diagnosis from the cardiologist. God's got you in His hands, and there can be no better place than that to be, as you well know. We will be praying for you. Yes, the new year is a good time to try to establish better eating and exercise habits. We are trying also, by walking every day. I am trying to watch cholesterol levels because I am trying to stay off of the statin that the Dr. keeps insisting I have to take and I don't like what it does to me. So I've got to figure this out by diet. Yes, we can pray for one another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words and yes, I'll be praying for you too that you'll be able to control the cholesterol yourself. I will say that there are many statins and if one bothers you, they can switch you to another. I had to do that. The 2nd one has never bothered me at all. But anyway, I hope you won't have to take any of them and I'm hoping to get off of some of the stuff I'm already taking. It's just time for me to stop messing around and get serious about my health.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard that song in ages. Thank you for sharing it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd not heard that song before, but how I love their voices ... the words! Thank you for introducing me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy