If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, January 5, 2024

Currently - January 2024

 

Linkup is here

The link started on Wednesday, so as usual, I am running late.  We're sharing what we're currently loving, looking forward to, resolving, doing to stay cozy this month, and cooking.

* Loving - I'm loving the book series I'm reading.  It's actually a continuation of the series I just finished.  Both series are by Connilyn Cossette.  The first series is "Out of Egypt" and the second is "Cities of Refuge.  I really have been enjoying them so much.  

  
This is the first series and below is the other series and I'm currently reading the first one.  In checking Amazon, she also has other series out, so I'm sure I'll be reading more from her this year.

   

* Looking forward to - Meeting up with some cousins for a concert and then to lunch afterwards today.  We did a couple of these last year.  Hope I enjoy this one like I did the ones we went to last year.

* Resolving - I typically do not make New Year's resolutions, and I didn't this year either.  However, I have decided that I'm going to make some changes in some of my eating habits and try to get back to walking 30 minutes most every day.  I just want to be more healthy and hopefully get off some of the medication I'm on.  Having that test last week, has kind of been a wake-up call for me.

* Doing to stay cozy this month - I love wrapping up in a blanket and relaxing in the afternoon reading a good book and/or in the evening watching TV with hubby.

* Cooking - Tonight we made a pretty good supper.  We baked pork chops and made a pot of cooked cabbage and had some applesauce.  It was actually pretty good.  It will be one that we'll do again, I'm sure.  I've also made my favorite potato soup a week or so ago and plan to make it again this weekend.

That's it for me.

Cathy



13 comments:

  1. Walking every day is so beneficial for your health. I walk every other day and so my chores on my 'off days'. It's a good time to figure out ways to improve our every day lives. I need to make a list! lol Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking thirty minutes a day is also something I’m trying to do, as well as spending more time outside - even in the cold! Those book series look great, and I’m always looking for new series to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excellent books and yes, I hope I can do the 30 minutes a day or at least 5 times a week which is what my doctor said.

      Delete
  3. I'm also trying to walk more, and more importantly, getting my family to join me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be good too. Unfortunately it's just hubby and me and he is not able to do that any more. But my dog makes a pretty good walking companion.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you are enjoying your books. I never became much of a reader but I should try again. Hope you have a wonderful time with your cousins. I am with you on being more healthy. It is definitely what we need to do. That sounds like a great meal you had. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lot of fun at the concert and then went to Cracker Barrel afterwards and lots of fun gabbing and laughing.

      Delete
  5. We love pork and applesauce! I really need to start walking again, especially since I got earbuds. Right now, however, I'm happy to be sitting in the recliner under a warm blanket. My happy place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too. Yes, it's a struggle to make myself go out in the cold, but so nice when I come back and feel accomplished and then can get on the recliner under a fuzzy blanket. Love it!

      Delete
  6. I love a warm and cozy blanket, especially if I made it myself.
    Yes, I live about 1.5 hrs northeast of Dayton, just east of Columbus. My dd moved here13 years ago and then my other dd moved here 6 years ago. So in 2020 we moved from SoCal to be near them and 3 of our 4 grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say that's a very good reason to move here. Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. Walking is certainly a good resolution! One I need to do as well! I forget sometimes to resolve to move more. I'm glad I found your blog! I'm also a pastors wife! I will be following now! :) So very nice to meet you! I'm blogging over at https://asimpleblessedlife.blogspot.com if you wanna stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, Nice to meet you. I'm glad you found my blog too. I'm following you now. Looking forward to getting to know you.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy