If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above if you'd like to link up.

1. January 29th is National Puzzle Day. Do you enjoy puzzles? What kind (crossword, jigsaw, sudoku, etc)? How often do you work a puzzle? I do enjoy puzzles.  I probably do some kind of word puzzle every day, such as Wordle.  I love a good jigsaw puzzle also, but it's been awhile since I've done one.  

2. Something you currently find 'puzzling'? Why it is that since I've retired, it seems to be harder to get everything accomplished that I want in a day, than when I was working 8 hours a day and trying to get those same things accomplished.  lol

3. What's your go-to dish to take to someone who needs a meal (new baby, bereavement, etc)? Probably something from a restaurant like Cracker Barrel

4. Do you watch any HGTV and/or The Food Network? If so, what's your favorite program there? I don't watch either of those any more.  There's no reason, other than we just don't watch them.

5. Wrap up your January in five words, with a five word phrase, or with a five word sentence. January was a good month.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. I say that all the time about retirement life. I think when you work your days are much more structured so you do what needs to be done in the time frame available. I try to make myself a rough schedule each week, otherwise I waste a lot of minutes and then regret that. We don't have a nearby Cracker Barrel but do enjoy stopping when we travel. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh because I agree with you. I got more done when I was working. My pastor just reminded us about this not being our home. We are just passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy's is sure a great quote! Plus, that which another blogger shared yesterday: "You don't have a soul. You are a soul; you have a body." (CS Lewis).
    I love starting my morning with Wordle ... and Quordle, too if time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that - "We aren't from around here." SO true! I'm hearing that more and more lately. This isn't the Earth God had in mind and so many are searching (in all the wrong places) for Eden. Deep down our hearts are desperate for Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...I like that, "not from around here'. Great reminder. Isn't that funny how working and being busy keeps you more organized elsewhere, too? Happy last day of January to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we were working eight hours a day, we had to stay organized to get things done at home. Retirement brings with it (for me) a little lazy attitude and things just don't get done. What's that about?!! LOL February is knocking at the door!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For #2 - because work begets work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear retired friends say they are busier now that when they worked. I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing people post wordle on Facebook. I haven't tried it. I agree with you on your answer for #2. I used to do it all and now it seems like I accomplish so little. I'm happy to hear that January was a good month. I love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My aunts and a few cousins have a "wordle" chat group, it's fun. I enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy