If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning!

We had a nice weekend. We spent quite a bit of time at home, but we did get out every day for a little while.  We've actually seen some sunshine, which just lifts my spirits a lot!  In fact the sun is shining right now as I'm writing this.

On Friday morning we both had chiropractor's appointments.  It was a very good thing as I've been having some minor issues with my sciatica.  It's feeling quite a bit better now.  Hubby's doing a lot better too as most of his neck issues are completely gone.  After that we came by the church to finish up a few things and then went out to lunch and ran some errands and then home for the evening. I watched a good movie called, Finding Forrester.  Some pretty harsh language, but the story was pretty awesome.  

Saturday we went to Outback for lunch.  It's been months since we've had Outback and it was very delicious!  I watched another movie called, Queen Bees.  I enjoyed this one too.  It was just so funny!

Then that evening, I went to a retirement party for a former co-worker. He is such a great guy and I'm so happy for him. I worked with him for all of his career, except the last 2 years.  He is one of the kindest men I have ever known. It was so good seeing so many friends that I hadn't seen for quite awhile.  Here's a photo (from FB) of the retiree as, of course, I didn't take any pictures.  Thanks Chris for your 25 years of service.  


On Sunday, we had 2 services with a nice nap in the afternoon.  Always, my favorite activity on Sunday afternoons.  And it's just not because I'm old, as I've always loved a Sunday afternoon nap.

Below is the pre-recorded sermon, which is the last in the Jonah - Outrageous Grace series.


Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. We were so happy to see the sun this weekend too; and it looks like it might stick around for another few days! I thought Queen Bees was a really cute movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to have it today and tomorrow and I'm loving it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice weekend, and that nap is always welcome. We kind of take one every afternoon these days...not a long one, just enough to rest our eyes and bodies for a little while and be refreshed. It really helps. Congratulations to your friend who retired. And thank him for his service! 25 years is a long time in law enforcement! Take care and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!! We've been rather cloudy today, and yesterday it rained mostly all day. I am ready for some sunshine again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice looking man! His photograph seems to convey what we all hope police officers represent -- straightforward and kind.
    I've not been to an Outback in 10 years or more! The one down here is only open evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really was a good cop and even better he is a good man!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your friend on his retirement! It's nice that you could celebrate with him and visit with old friends. This is a nice catch-up! You had a good weekend. Blessings in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice weekend. Glad things went well at the chiropractor. I just started having some back issues. The retirement party sounds like it was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys got to see he chiropractor. Congratulations to your friend. I have had lower back problems in the past and I know it hurts. I finally get to see the ENT tomorrow! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunday naps are on my list of favorite things too! Glad you got in to see your chiropractor and are feeling better. I think our aching backs are one of the things that remind us daily we aren't as young as we used to be : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched Queen Bees last weekend, it was so cute! Did you know it was based on a true story? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy