Wednesday, December 11, 2013
1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
Just enjoying it. Trying to remember the reason for the season.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
I don't think any really fit. Hubby and I are just enjoying being together. Our oldest will be home Friday for a month and hopefully the youngest will come around as much as she can with school and work.
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
Too Loud is worse. I'm getting so I like the too quiet. It's the first we've had in a long time. haha
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
It really doesn't bother me to much either way. If they've committed, I try to trust them to do it. And if someone doesn't trust me and does something themselves, then that's okay because that's just something I don't have to do.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
Shopping is the most dreaded, but that is almost done (most over the internet). Looking forward to being with family and mostly with hubby. Hoping to go see some beautiful Christmas displays soon. Also, looking forward to seeing a couple movies with my family. Frozen with the girls and Saving Mr. Banks with hubby and whoever wants to go.
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
I really have no idea what our most talked about topic has been. But right now, it's probably a new puppy. Still trying to decide what kind and when. We've got some things we need to get done in the house first.
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
My laptop computer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Took my youngest to Build A Bear on Saturday. We had a blast. Who says we're too old for Build A Bear? Not us.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Click here to join in with SkyWatch Friday.
|This was taken in November while we were at Myrtle Beach. The fenced in area is part of the airport. We were sitting in a little park watching the planes landing and taking off.|
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Click on the above button to join in with Joyce and the Hodgepodge.
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I seldom take a "selfie", however that could change if I get an iPhone in February. It probably won't though, because I don't like pics of myself. Here is one I took of me and Lily.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
Yes, I will be sending a few. No they are not ready yet.
3. Do you trust easily?
Yes, until the trust is broken and then it's real hard for me to ever trust that person again.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Vanilla is one of my all time favorites anytime of the year.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
Probably talking...I wasn't called "Chatty Cathy" for nothing when I was growing up. lol
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
I woke up last night with "Christmas Island" running through my head.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I'm not sure I'd really like to travel with any of them. I think I like being comfortable too much. But if I were to choose, it would be Neil Armstrong. I think I would have liked to walk on the moon with him. Not that I would ever have that much nerve.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We're starting to puppy shop. I'm trying to make myself wait until after Christmas, but I'm not sure I can stand to wait that long. haha
We got the tree up tonight, but it's not decorated. One step at a time, people, one step at a time!
|Well it's a start! lol|
Monday, December 2, 2013
Here are FOUR QUESTIONS that everyone can answer and then you have the option to add a fifth question of your own for those who are visiting your blog to answer in the comment section, along with commenting on the four standard questions you answered!
1. December 5th is Bathtub Party Day - how will you celebrate?
Never heard of it. I'm not much of a bath type person...I much prefer a shower.
2. Apparently it's also the week to get your letters to Santa done and mailed - will you be writing to Santa and will you be on the naughty or nice list this year?
Nope, no letter to Santa for me...and probably you can find my name on both lists. lol
3. Do you think that people have unlimited potential?
Yes, I do. Especially if you belong to Christ because the Bible says, " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil. 4:13.
4. How many holiday parties/events will you be attending this month?
Right now, I know of 3. We'll see how it goes from here. Looking forward to them all.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Mary at "Life in a Small Town" posted about participating in A Very Airmail Christmas. I went and checked it out and it sounds easy and fun, so I believe I will participate too. Go here to check it out and join in what I believe will be a good time.