Thursday, October 12, 2017
Things I am thankful for this past week:
* Video chats with Colton this week. Last night he actually smiled and waved and clapped for me. So fun!!
* Walks with my puppy. She wears me out pulling and stuff, but she loves it so much and that makes me happy and thankful.
* Watching TV with hubby and crocheting, loom-knitting, and working puzzles.
* A really good nights sleep last night.
* Walked a 5K on Saturday practicing for the upcoming Great Pumpkin Run. So thankful to be able to do this because this time last year there would have been no way.
* Shopping with my sister Saturday morning. It's been awhile and it was really fun.
* 3 day weekend because of Columbus Day on Monday. Loved it.
* So thankful for the things I am learning about the Armor of God in our Bible Study. We are so blessed.
So what are you thankful for this week? Click the button at the top if you want to link up.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. In fact, I'm running rather late. Just click the button above if you'd like to participate.
1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
I'm probably around a 3 or 4. Good thing I can read a map or following GPS and I totally love the app called Waze.
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!)
We keep an Atlas in our vehicle at all times, but I must admit it's been awhile since I've used it.
back east, down south, out west, up north
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
Down south and maybe a little back east because in a little less than 3 weeks hubby and I will be in Myrtle Beach!!
2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
Talking probably. Yes, it's probably typical as I didn't have the nickname Chatty Cathy for nothing. However, I really do try to listen well to others. I'm so much more conscious of that than my younger self ever was. Yesterday was "busy."
3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
Time. Stay off social media, but I don't see that happening anytime to soon. lol
4. Did your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.
We took vacations about once a year. Usually around the Christmas holidays and we would go to Florida to visit with my dad's family. I'm not sure whatever made them do it, but packing 5 kids and 2 adults in a station wagon and driving for 2 days! I'm not sure I'd call that vacation. haha But we always had fun and hopefully didn't drive mom and dad too crazy.
5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
I really don't have much desire to grow anything. Maybe pineapples because I really love fresh pineapple. Plus it has bromalain in it which is supposed to be really good for joint inflammation and pain. I just learned about this last week, so I'm trying to eat fresh pineapple more often because the medication they have me on, one of it's side affects is joint pain. Hoping it will help.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
|I can't wait to be here in a few weeks.|
Friday, October 6, 2017
I've been missing from Friday Foto Friends for a few weeks. Thought I'd participate again this week. You can click the button above it you'd like to participate too.
|Lucy on the back of my chair|
|I love leaving this little notes in public places hoping it will encourage someone|
|Beautiful pink flowers outside a restaurant|
|Blue skies and contrails|
|Our front porch in the dark|
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Click the above button if you'd like to link up your thankful list.
Things I am thankful for this week:
* a husband who took me out on the spur of the moment last Friday night, just because I didn't want to cook or clean-up the kitchen.
* time at the Cincinnati airport to watch planes on such a beautiful day Saturday
* 2 walks with the puppy on Saturday
|Love the puppy paw prints in this picture|
* These wonderful ladies I do Bible Study with on Tuesday nights.
* Online grocery shopping and then just pulling in and they load the car...divine!!
* Enjoying another audiobook at work...Tale as Olde as Time Book 3 in the Twisted Tales series
So what are you thankful for this week?
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
1. Have you ever spent time on a farm? Tell us a little bit about it. Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? Been on a hayride? Driven a tractor? Milked a cow?Yes. My parents bought a small farm when I was a freshman in high school and I lived there until I was around 25 or 26 when my sister and I moved to an apartment. I personally never grew pumpkins, but we may have had them in the garden. We did have a garden every year and I helped. Yes, I’ve been on a hayride and I’ve also helped bale hay. Yes, I’ve driven a tractor a couple of times. Dad let me mow the back field with the tractor. That was fun and a bit scary too. No, I’ve never milked a cow although we had a milk cow for a year. Loved the fresh milk. I did sometimes feed the cows, pigs and other animals. But actually my dad did most of it.
2. What's something younger you would like about you now?I think my younger self would like to know that I am very happy and very content with my life at this age.
More often...Read, See my grandson, go to the beach. Less often...go to the doctors, pay bills, worry
4. What's on your nachos?
Beef, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, retried beans and cheese
5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Does it need to stay there?
My husband’s reading glasses. Yes, so he can read the menus in restaurants or anything else he may need to when we are out. It keeps him from having to carry them. Since I usually have my purse it just makes it easier.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A friend made ham salad sandwiches for our Bible Study group last night and she packed extra for me to take home because she knows I love them so much. Makes for an excellent lunch as I'm doing the Hodgepodge. Thanks Jan!!!
Friday, September 29, 2017
I know this is supposed to be Thankful Thursday, but I'm still thankful on Friday, so I thought I'd join in a little late. Click here if you want to join in.
I had a visit with my oncologist Thursday and I was able to ask some questions about some concerns I've had. He answered and I feel so much better. I've been having some trouble with pain in my joints and it seems to be spreading and I was rather afraid (although, I was trying hard not to be) that I may have some cancer spread into my joints or something. But nope. Found out that the drug they have me on, one of it's side effects is joint pain. Totally explains things. I feel so relieved. While I don't like the pain, it's not continuous. When I first stand up, I feel like a cripple, but after a few steps, it mostly goes away and I can still take my walks and do the 5K coming up. The joints in my fingers have started hurting too, but it's the same. After I move them some, it pretty much goes away. Thankfully, it does not keep me from playing piano, typing and crocheting. He said, if it gets too bad, they can change the medication to something else. But I really don't want to change as this seems to be the best and I want the best chance possible of keeping cancer away from me. So for now, I'll live with it. But again, I'm so thankful it wasn't something more serious!!