Thursday, April 24, 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
If you are looking for my A to Z Challenge post for today, it's directly below this post.
Click the button to the left, if you'd like to play along with the Hodgepodge.
1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
So many things in nature make me thing of God and by that I'm inspired. When I see the ocean, I think how big He is and I remember the words to the 3rd verse of the song, "The Love of God":
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
Also, when I see the night sky and all the stars, it just makes me wonder that He made all of these galaxies of stars just for us. Amazing!!
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Maybe four corners of the earth as we will be traveling next week to go to Kelli's graduation and we plan to also spend some time on the east and west coasts of Florida.
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
Do not expect to change your partner. Let them be who they are and love them that way.
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
We called and had some replace our garage door opener. They did an excellent job and I'm totally pleased. So glad to have it working again so I can park my car inside. We had to go a couple weeks without being able to open it.
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
I'm not very good at it at all.
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
I can't really think of any place recently. However, we went to Gettysburg a few years ago. Loved it and hope to go back. Oh also, Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains. We went there last summer.
7. The world would be a better place if we just obeyed God!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Kelli got her cap and gown early and took some pics. Isn't she just the cutest?!?