Thursday, December 14, 2017
* First of all, I am thankful for my health. A post showed up on my Timehop App yesterday from last year that said I was on my way for my final radiation treatment. I thank the Lord for how far I have come from then. I can hardly believe it's been a whole year. God has so blessed me and I think I appreciate life more now than I did before cancer. Thank you God.
That's my biggie for this week. Now here are some little things I'm thankful for.
* Every opportunity to have hot chocolate. There is nothing much better when it's cold out.
* I'm thankful for every opportunity to watch Hallmark Christmas movies and knit or crochet and just spend time with my hubby and dog at home.
* I'm also thankful for Christmas music. I'm listening to Pandora at work and enjoy some of my favorite Christmas music. Here is one of my favorite this year.
So what are you thankful for this week. If you'd like to link up, click the button at the top of the page to join in with Rebecca at Knit by God's Hand.
Monday, December 11, 2017
We had a really nice weekend. Some busyness, some housework, some movie time, some playtime, etc. It was just a really well-rounded weekend.
After work on Friday we stopped and picked up some dinner from Bob Evans to take home. It was delicious. I also picked up some of their chicken noodle soup to eat at a later time. It came in real handy for dinner on Saturday. After dinner we did some laundry and watched a Hallmark movie and I loom-knitted a little bit. Hubby started not feeling well (sinus), so we went to bed early.
On Saturday, hubby woke up pretty light-headed so we just relaxed at the house that morning. He slept and I watched a movie on my computer so I could wear the head-phones and not disturb him. I also knitted some more. I also took the dog out for an early morning walk. It's not often we start a Saturday like this and it was very pleasant for me (although, not so much for him).
He woke up feeling a little better so we grabbed some lunch out at Fazoli's and then I went to the grocery and he sat in the car. We had to pick up items to cook for our church dinner on Sunday and I also took advantage of the Kroger 4x fuel points and bought a bunch of gift cards for Christmas presents. Most of the Christmas shopping is done now and we made quite a bit fuel points to. Total win-win situation.
While we were out the snow really started coming down and I was driving due to hubby's dizziness. But fortunately, it didn't get too bad while we were out. But I was sure glad to get home.
Sunday morning I got up early and got cleaned up and had to put together the dish I was taking for the church dinner. Got it all put together and in the crockpot so it could actually cook at church during Sunday School and morning service. Hubby made his dish (meatballs) and they also went in a crockpot to cook at church. We've found that's the best way to make sure they are warm for the lunch.
We had a great service and then a wonderful lunch and also a white elephant auction with the proceeds going to our missions fund to help whenever and wherever needed. After that we went home and I took the dog for a walk and then more knitting and movies and even a short nap.
|Our annual watching of "White Christmas"|
I also, took some pictures of our Lucy in her little pink party dress. She does not like to wear it, but I felt she needed a Christmas picture. As you can probably tell, she's doing a little pouting. lol
So that was pretty much our weekend. Just the way I like it, except for hubby not being quite up to par. I hope you had a great weekend.
Friday, December 8, 2017
Click the button above if you'd like to participate in Friday Foto Friends. Here are a few pictures from my week.
|I love my snowman|
|I took this while out walking with the dog. I just thought it was pretty. Love that red mailbox|
|Christmas Tree Park in our town|
|Little tree in my office|
|Little Lucy sad that mommy and daddy are leaving. She loves laying on these blankets.|
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Click here to join in with Rebecca and Thankful Thursday.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
Life Sure Is Moving Fast
2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
Leftovers would be what I use it for mostly. Yes, I could live without it, but why would I want to?
3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
Well, since it’s make believe, how about Rudolph. I’d love to see Santa’s place and see the reindeer flying and talking and playing games. Away in the Manger wouldn’t be bad either. I’d love to be there to see Jesus as an infant and to talk to Mary and Joseph.
4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.
Any drive in the Smoky Mountains. Here are a few pictures from there. I think they can show the beauty much better than I can describe it.
5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
I don’t have a list. But good health for my family would be what I want the most.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
There is a church in a nearby town that does a Bethlehem Village every year. We hadn’t been in several years, so we went Friday night. It was so awesome. There was a place where they were making olive oil and they had a real working millstone pressing the olives. Then they told you all about making it and what it was used for. The had a real stone oven and we’re making bread. They had a potter’s Wheel and weaving looms and they taught about flax and linen and they had an apothecary. Then of course they had sheep and other animals and then a live nativity. I learned so much and loved every second of it. Here are a couple pictures.
Click the button at the top if you'd like to join in.
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Here is just a small list of the things I am thankful for this week.
|There was a beautiful rainbow this morning. I just love God's creation and this sign of His promise.|
|Here's the other end. Love it.|
|I didn't know until I saw this picture that it was actually a double rainbow!|
God continually amazes me with His creation and His love for me. I am so thankful to know Him.