If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. What's a skill you think everyone should have? I believe everyone should be able to read.  I've always believed that if you can read, you can accomplish anything

2. Do you have a special place or organizational system for gift wrapping? No, not really.   Do you still buy 'real' cards to send for birthdays, anniversaries, get-well, etc? Yes, I do.

3. It's National Banana Day...are you a fan? Yes, I love bananas.  What's your favorite thing to make with bananas or, if you're not a cook, your favorite thing to eat that contains banana? Banana Pudding.  I use Paula Deen's recipe.  But I rarely make it, and normally I just eat a banana as they are...hopefully, not too green nor too ripe. 

4. Do you believe in second chances? Yes.  Elaborate. I was talking to hubby about this and he was right when he said, that we like second chances when we need them, but not always when we need to give them to others.  That's so true.  I try not to hold grudges, but sometimes it takes me a bit to get all the way there.  I'm so glad God forgives me every time I ask.  

5. What is your idea of fun? Being with friends, reading a good book, completing a crochet project, watching TV or really doing or not doing anything but just being with my hubby.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  We've had 2 funerals this week. Both were ready to meet Jesus.  But this song was played at the funeral last night and it's a favorite, so I thought I'd share it here.  If you interested, just turn up your speakers and sit back and let's praise God!


Cathy

22 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about banana pudding. Maybe on account I try not to think what it does to my hips? (lol) Love what you hubby says about second chances; I'm going to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a pretty good answer too. I usually only make it for family get togethers or church dinners and even then not too often.

      Delete
  2. Your hubby was so right...we like second chances but don't want to give them..OUCH!! I like a good ole plain banana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it does hurt a little. Maybe I'll go eat a banana. lol

      Delete
  3. Hi Cathy, I enjoyed that video you posted. I posted about my older grands on the post before this one. I tell my grands that God has given them all unique talents. I like to listen to music on YouTube when I am Bible journaling. I can hear the current worship or older songs from Hillsong and even hymns. I love the old hymns, but our church rarely plays them. I want How Great Thou Art for my funeral service. Thanks for visitng my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my most favorite hymns to play on the piano.

      Delete
  4. I just listened to that song on my walk earlier today. I love it. I haven't made banana pudding in ages, but my daughter's mother-in-law often brings it if I ask her to bring dessert. My hubs LOVES it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. I do love that song so much and banana pudding.

      Delete
  5. Well, Blogger ate my comment again. LOVE banana pudding and will have to check out Paula Deen's.recipe. Your hubby's a wise man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why but sometimes throws your comments (and even some of my replies) into the span category. Who knows?!?

      Delete
  6. I said reading too! I really enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to listen to the song later. Reading is so great and such a life enhancing skill! I enjoyed your answers. Hope the rest of your week is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful song. We sing it in church often (we don't sound that good!). I had to think about the second chance question. I decided giving another chance is not the same as forgiveness. I can forgive but not give someone another chance. Two different things, in my mind. We always must forgive. Joyce gave us another good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about everyone needing to read! That was a great answer. It's unacceptable that we still have people today who are grown and do not know how to do this simple thing. We have a great program in Memphis called Arise 2 Read that a church sponsors; they help adults learn how to read. It's an amazing thing. Thanks for sharing, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like so many others, I agree with what your husband said. Goodness of God is my favorite song, but I usually listen to the version by Jenn Johnson. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading is a great answer. Yes, I love bananas too. I like your ideas of fun. Sorry to hear about the two people who passed away. That is a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES!! to banana pudding:) I've seen a few of these questions and answers and I keep "telling" everyone (in the comments) bananas are best used for banana pudding!!:) Yum!! So grateful, as well, that I can read! Happy Thursday to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for the recent losses in your church family. But when we know they knew the Lord, we know we will see them again, and that is a big comfort. I love CeCe Winans, by the way, and that is a great song. I used to like bananas a lot more than I do now. They have to be just barely ripe for me to eat them. I can't tolerate an overripe banana, but I will make a good banana nut bread with them! And yes, where would we be if we'd never learned to read? We wouldn't be right here reading each other's blogs, that's for sure, nor writing them either! Wow, our worlds would be so small without being able to read. Thank the Lord for that blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right about being able to read - if you can read you can learn so many things! I love the song you shared, it's one of my favorites and usually moves me to tears. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I didn't put puzzle on my list...lol. I liked your answer about second chances too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy