If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Tuesday 4 - Let's Talk about Animals Today!

 

Animal Friends

 

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

Let's talk about animals today!


1. What pets do you have or have you had? Do you have any now or if not, why not? Currently, we have one dog. She is ten years old. She is a lharkie which is half yorkie and half lhasa apso. Growing up, I know we had a german shepherd when I was born and then the first one I remember was named Poochie (we lived out in the country and she had free reign, when we moved to town she had to be pinned up, so dad gave her away to a neighbor that lived in the area we had lived in so she could be free again. At Christmas that year, dad brought home a miniature dachshund and that is the first dog we had inside. There were many other dogs in our lives growing up. Most of them were outside dogs. Since I've been married we have had 4 dogs (one at a time). We had a Lhasa Apso named Katie, and small mixed breed name Sophie, a larger mixed breed named Lily and then of course, Lucy.

2. How did you find names for your animal friends? What are their names? We just pick out a name that we like at the time. When we got Lucy she had a sister that was available too. I kind of wanted to get both of them and call them Lucy and Ethel. However, we ended up getting just Lucy. 

3. Any special or funny story concerning pets you would like to share?  It could be someone else's as well as your own. Lucy can be a real crazy girl even still at the age of 10. As I said above, she is half Lhaso Apso which are known for their stubbornness and she is half Yorkie which are known to be very hyper. And guess what! she brought both of those traits with her to our home. When she wants something, she can definitely out-stubborn even me. Hubby and I both know who the queen of our home is, and unfortunately, she knows too.  lol

4.   What benefit do you find having animals in your family? What are the cons of having them? The benefits are someone who loves you no matter what and is always excited to see you. Plus, she keeps me more active as I have to take her out many times a day. The con is they can also take a lot of work to take care of them and even if you are sick, they still need the care.

  

 

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


14 comments:

  1. Awww, Cathy, Lucy is a beautiful dog...even if she can be stubborn and hyper. :) My mom had two Yorkies. When the first one passed away (from old age), she bought the second one and even though my mom has since passed, Peaches lives with my brother now.
    Our son had a collie when the Christmas right before he turned four. She died when he was a senior in high school. Then when my husband and I moved to our current location we had a Border Collie...whom we dearly loved. She also passed away of old age when she was 16. Pets are such a joy and blessing...for all of the reasons you mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you've had so many wonderful pets. It's so hard to lose them I know.

      Delete
  2. How this post makes me smile ... especially the proposed duo, Lucy-and-Ethel For sure, we've a Queen of our own and her name is Grace Evelyn. (Macie's happy to play the understudy.)
    Already in 2024 Macie's unexpected vet bills weren't exactly pleasant, but like Tom says, we made a commitment to keep them happy and healthy and we'll do whatever it takes to fulfill that promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Lucy has definitely had some unexpected expenses this year too. But she's worth it.

      Delete
  3. Your Lucy is a sweetheart and so cute! I love your stories. Oh, I think Lucy and Ethel would have been cute, but Lucy is the queen bee and she needs to be the center of attention! I know our kids' dogs Sugar and Spice became a duo when Rose went to just get one and couldn't leave the other alone. Benton was surprised when she came home with two instead of one, but he loves them both and they are good company for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think now Lucy is too old to have to get used to a new dog, but it may have been good for her.

      Delete
  4. I love your stubborn Lucy!! How sweet!! This is a fun Tuesday 4!! I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog is stubborn too and I think a trait of dachshunds. My Minnie does not like to wear anything. She is like her mom, and they will get very still when something is put on them. Who watches your dog when you go on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a kennel that's near to us and she stays there and has since we first got her. This last time was really hard on her so I'm not sure what we will do.

      Delete
  6. Lucy is cute as a button! I know she must add such joy to your house!! Does she come with you and your husban to work??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but we have talked about bringing her. Maybe we'll try that soon when we only have to be here a short time.

      Delete
  7. This was a fun Tuesday 4. Lucy is so cute. I haven't heard of her mix before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy