If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Click to link up with Rebecca Jo

 I just checked back and realized I have not done a Thankful Thursday post since February 18th!  I have plenty that I'm thankful for, but just haven't seemed to have much to write about lately.  So today, here are some recent things I'm thankful for:

**  Hubby and I both got our first Covid vaccines and he had no symptoms and I had very mild symptoms for about 12 hours or so (which fell on a Saturday and didn't have anything we had to do, so I just slept and rested, which I seldom get to do for a whole day).  I do wish we could have gotten the 2nd vaccine before our trip to Florida, but instead we get it the day we come back.

**  Thankful hubby and I both have gotten all the things we needed for the upcoming wedding.  After work, we go to the seamstress for the final fitting on his jacket and pick up our stuff and we are pretty much ready then.

**  For all the talks my oldest daughter and I have been having in recent weeks about all things wedding.  She is doing such a beautiful job with all the little extras she wants.  She is so creative and I can't wait to show you the pictures from the wedding.  It's just been special to have these extra talks with her.  Sometimes being far apart is really hard, but it makes it even more special when you can be together, even if it's over FaceTime.

**    My other daughter also and my grandson.  She does such a good job sending me pictures and keeping me up on what's going on in their lives.  Let me tell you that makes this mama and gigi very happy.

**  My grandson has now learned how to make phone calls.  Just out of the blue I got a call from him and he is so very funny.  He hasn't got it all figured out, but what a special treat to hear that little voice and he's just so happy to be talking to us.  One day we were in the car and he called and I put the phone on speaker and hubby and I both tried talking to him.  He said wait a minute and hung up and then hubby's phone started ringing.  He decided he wanted to talk to papaw and didn't realize he could talk to us both at the same time.  We have laughed so much over his phone calls.

Fresh haircut

Life is good and God is even better and I'm thankful for all the times I can pray to Him and ask for His help and how He's always there.  Sometimes, He says no, but that's okay too because I trust Him.

So what are you thankful for this week?

Cathy


13 comments:

  1. What a sweet little boy!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are that your daughter keeps you a part of your grandson's life through distance and all this covid mess! I can't get over how big he's getting. Such a handsome guy! Plus, how exciting...a wedding! So much to celebrate and be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is so cute! Technology has really helped keep families so close. I am excited for you and the upcoming wedding. I understand you wanting the 2nd vaccine before going, but at least you got the first. We get our 2nd this Saturday. I look forward to seeing the wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, technology has helped me survive my kids and grandson being so far away. Hope all goes well with your second shot Susan.

      Delete
  4. so happy that you will be able to attend the wedding. Praying all will go well with travels and all details, and that your daughter's wedding will be especially blessed and joyful. And your grandson is just so cute and smart to figure out how to call you both! I think that is wonderful! Yes, those are wonderful blessings to be thankful for. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute about your grandson phoning your hubby's number. He sure looks handsome with his new cut. Congrats on the vaccine! Tom had his yesterday and I'm booked tomorrow. (Nervous, on account he's aching all over.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope all goes well with your shot. I didn't think it was too bad. Hubby had not side effects and mine were fairly moderate.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet grandson and I LOVE his haircut! Very handsome! God is SO good. Amen!! I got my second shot 14 days ago so am now considered fully protected. Praise God over and over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got both of yours and have done so well. Yes, I'm looking forward to that "full protection". God is so worthy of praise!

      Delete
  7. Cant wait to hear all about the wedding!!!
    Be safe on your trip since you still need that 2nd shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy