If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thankful Thursday


You can link up here if you'd like t join in.


This is kind of how I feel today, but I'm choosing to be thankful and hopefully it will help me to not be whining and complaining and instead just enjoy the day.  

So today here are some things I am thankful for:

*Blue skies and sunshine

*I can stay inside most of the day in the A/C

*My oncologist prescribed some meds that are really helping with the terrible hot flashes I've been having because of the daily pill I take to kill the estrogen to keep the cancer away.  Both pills are doing their job well.  But I'm still thankful for the A/C.  lol

*Good books to read free through Libby App and 2 different libraries I use to find the books I want.

*Some good old shows that we are binge watching.

*Our stinky little dog who gladly gets up early and goes walking with me.  Days I wake up and I'm not in the mood, she helps me by needing to go out anyway, so I might as well just do the walk and get it done and we are both happier because of it.


*All the time I can get with my husband.

*I'm also thankful for you who sometimes read my blog and comment.  I feel like I am blessed by each one of you.

Thanks for visiting and I really hope you have a wonderful day!

Cathy
 

7 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for. It is a lovely list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the Libby app great?! It doesn't matter that the latest-and-greatest books aren't immediately available ... there's so much out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little pup!! Great photo with the flowers!! I am glad your meds are starting to work for you. I am thankful for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little pup!! Great photo with the flowers!! I am glad your meds are starting to work for you. I am thankful for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many blessings. I understand your feelings...some days I feel like that too, but I am thankful God helps me to move forward and enjoy the good things in life and not dwell on the negatives. I love that you are cancer free and even though the estrogen issue is a problem, it is better than the other. I can sympathize with the hot flashes...mine aren't so bad now, but I remember them well. I enjoy your thankful posts. They always make me think about what I am thankful for as well. Have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize you had a history with cancer, but I am glad to hear that your medicines are working and keeping it at bay. I imagine that does make you feel rotten somedays. I loved your list this week- don't we all just sometimes have to grin and get it done? It's a mindset, I've discovered, and I'm programmed to look for blessings in the mundane or in the trials, even on days when it's hard. Thanks for linking up with me today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have that prayer framed and hanging in our bedroom....I don't know whatever became of it. I'm so glad you are getting some relief from the hot flashes and that all is going well health-wise for you. Stinky little dog...HA! That's my poor pup this week, too. She needs a bath desperately, but I just haven't had the time or energy. I only work until 3:00 tomorrow so maybe then. Thanks for sharing your blessings. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy