If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day...are you a fan? Yes Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? I do not make my own.  My husband sometimes used to make Paula Deen's recipe and it was wonderful.  But usually we get it at KFC or Popeyes. Do you own chickens? No, we don't. If not chicken what's your favorite fried food? I really don't fry stuff too much, but I do like french fries. 

2. What's something you're too chicken to try? Skydiving, skiing (snow or water) and I'm sure there's plenty more but this is what came to mind right away. 

3. When did you last find yourself running around like a 'chicken with its head cut off'? Sometimes when I'm trying to pull a meal together and everything starts getting done at the same time and it can be so hard to keep it from burning or not being cooked enough, or cold because it got done too early.  I've never been very good at pulling it all together sometimes.  lol

4. Something you've done recently that makes you think 'I'm no spring chicken'? If I stay up too late reading or whatever and then the next day I'm so tired.  That makes me realize I'm no spring chicken because used to I could stay up late and not be affected much the next day at all.

5. 'Winner winner chicken dinner'...tell us about something good that's happened in your life lately. I had a bit of a possible cancer scare, but it turned out not to be cancer and I kinda feel like I got a new lease on life.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I can't imagine getting old and surviving all this without Jesus carrying me through.




Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a good report! While we know who holds the future and can rest in that these life experiences are still hard, particularly the waiting to hear. I feel like God teaches much through waiting. I'm still not very good at it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the NO cancer answer to prayer! So very thankful for this good news! I love that scripture verse too. I love knowing that God will always be there to carry me, even when I am old. (which won't be long. LOL). This was great. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I heard that scripture on the radio the other day and I just had to look it up.

      Delete
  3. Thank God your cancer scare was just that -- a scare! I can't think of a thing that feels better than receiving 'all clear' news. Yes, I forgot all about trying to coordinate differing foods to present at the same time. Stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is definitely the best kind of news.

      Delete
  4. I sincerely don't now how people without faith in Jesus Christ can manage. I used to love Popeye's but the one down the street from me is just not good anymore and they don't have dirty rice on the menu anymore, either. Boo! Publix has the best fried chicken in my mind! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really miss the dirty rice too, so we don't got there very often any more.

      Delete
  5. Happy for you to read that your cancer scare did not materialize. PTL. There's no one like Jesus and we are the most fortunate people to know Him! Happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise to God for your renewed chance at life thanks to the thing you experienced not being cancer after all! I'm so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to eat fried chicken but I have to admit that KFC has the best chicken sandwich out there! Yes, it sounds like Thanksgiving day and trying to get everything on the table at the same time. That is win and a wonderful blessing from God on the cancer scare. I love your random. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it wasn't cancer! And yes to getting a meal all done at the same time. It's taken me years to perfect Thanksgiving in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a Popeyes in our town now but I haven't gone to it yet. I agree with you on #2 though I wouldn't mind cross country skiing. Actually...I agree with you on #3 and 4 too...lol. I'm glad your #5 turned out good. I HATE cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy