If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 


It's almost 3:00pm and I have done a Thankful post yet.  I've been gone most of the morning.  But I figure better late than never.  I'm thankful for today and each thing we've been doing.

We had to take hubby's van to the shop this morning as it appears he has an oil leak.  I'm thankful we have a good mechanic who really takes care of us and has for many years.  Plus he's just an all around nice guy.

After that we picked up a burrito from McDonald's for breakfast and then took a drive out to a local park to just relax and enjoy the beautiful morning.  Hubby did some reading and I did some loom-knitting and a took a short walk and enjoyed the wildlife there.

After that we headed to a Chinese restaurant we have never tried, but they always seem to be busy.  Let me tell you it was delicious.  I have leftovers to eat later too.  Hubby got Szechuan Chicken with fried rice and I had Cashew Chicken with steamed rice.  Both were excellent.

After that I brought hubby home and I went and got a hair cut at Great Clips and then picked up some prescriptions that were ready.  Now we're home for the evening and I'm getting ready to go enjoy a walk around the neighborhood with the dog.  The weather is perfect right now.  I want to enjoy while I can because there is a 100% chance of rain off and on all day tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting and you an link up here if you'd like.

Cathy


10 comments:

  1. I love any and all oriental foods! You have drooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we tried the new to us place because it was so good.

      Delete
  2. Having a good, honest car mechanic is a blessing! One of the first things I want to do at the end of this (semi-Keto) regime is treat myself to a good Chinese meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a good mechanic. They are getting harder and harder to come by. Better hang on to him! Your day sounds like it was lovely, with the breakfast in the park, etc. and the Chinese lunch, and haircut and walk, etc. So glad you are having good weather now. We are too, even though it is already warmer than I would like it to be and we need rain so badly. But it isn't humid yet and there have been nice breezes, so that makes it very pleasant. I wish it could stay this way! I hope you have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you both spent time at the park. Being in nature really does refresh the soul! Have a great weekend. -Meranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a bummer that your husband's car had problems, but glad you have a good mechanic. That Chinese food you mention makes my mouth water, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy