If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. Hello March! Is it coming in like a lion where you live? How do you feel when it rains? Our March here in SW Ohio is pretty mild.  We are having some rain but the temperatures are pretty mild and will be most of this week.  But of course, I know winter is probably not over.  As for rain, if I can stay inside I don't mind it.  Unfortunately, having a dog and no fenced yard, means I can't stay in.  Cause when a dog needs to go, you gotta go with her.  lol

2. What's something you'd like to do differently this week than the last? Explain. I'd like to find some time to sit and play the piano as practice but more for enjoyment.  I always play at church for services, but spend little time just practicing or playing for me and I miss how I used to play and sing just for me.

3. March 1st is National Sunkist Citrus Day...do you drink orange juice? Orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, grapefruit...what's your favorite citrus fruit? A dish you love with a citrus fruit as one of it's key ingredients? I do like orange juice but seldom drink it.  My favorite citrus is probably tangerine if you get a really good one.  When I was little my grandparents lived in Florida and had a tangerine tree in their yard or maybe is was a tangelo.  Anyway, it was good.  I would prefer to eat them just plain and not in a recipe.

4. What do you consider to be your culture. Elaborate. Christian and American.  I really didn't know how to answer this until I read some others' posts.  Being a Christian affects every part of my life and every decision I make because I always want the light of Jesus to show through me.  And I say American because I was taught as a child to love my country and I still believe in that.

5. Sum up your February in fifteen words or less. February was good to us and we stayed healthy which is always good.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Quote by C.S. Lewis found on internet.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. When I lived in south Florida we had orange trees too - blood oranges were the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I've ever tried one of those.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Month, hoping that March brings happiness and blessings.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your response to #4, Cathy! I wish our pups weren't terrified of going out in the rain; one of these days I'm afraid someone's gonna burst her bladder.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved tangerines as a child but feel like they're hard to find now. I buy clementines which are almost the same, minus the seeds. Are you in the Cincy part of Ohio? I was thinking so...my oldest and her family are going to move that way this summer. My son-in-law is doing a one year shoulder fellowship with an orthopedic group there. Let me know...it would be fun to meet in person when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live just north of Cincinnati and it would be fun.

      Delete
  5. Excellent C.S. Lewis quote - thanks for sharing that one! I miss playing piano as well and I'm hoping to get my keyboard moved here sometime this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get your keyboard soon. I haven't played yet this week, but I may get some time tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. I like the quote by C.S. Lewis. I've been enjoying reading everyone's answers to the culture question. I hope you get the time to sit and enjoy your piano playing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is true about having to go outside with the dog. I hope you find the time to play the piano more. The tangerines do peel easier than an orange. That is good news about February. Love the C.S.Lewis quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love C.S. Lewis and that quote is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers. My daughter has a dog and no fenced yard so when I babysit the grandkids, I always hope that when the dog needs to go out, the weather cooperates..haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy