If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 1, 2023

Bits of This and That



I've been on a bit of a break from blogging the last couple of weeks.  All is fine, but I just needed a break.  I have been reading several blog posts and even a comment here or there.  Still trying to decide what I want to do with my blog.

Latest photo of my grandson that I stole off his other grandma's FB page.  He was staying with her this past weekend. 

Sure do love this young man,

Hubby and I had a nice weekend.  Saturday, we went to Walmart to pick up some needed items and then we picked up and on-line order at City Barbecue to take home for lunch.  We both got the chicken and we both got collard greens and then I got corn pudding and I can't remember what his other side item was. It was all very delicious.  After that we did some things around the house and then watched a Hallmark Mystery Movie.  We watched the 2nd movie in the Crossword Series which was pretty good.  After that we watched a couple of our shows we are binging and then tried to go to sleep early.  I don't think that worked too well for either of us.  lol



On Sunday, of course, we went to church both morning and evening and took a nice nap in the afternoon.  Again we watched a couple of shows after church and I finished reading the 4th book in the Kennedy Stern series by Alana Terry.  After that I checked out book 5 and started that in the middle of the night as again, I couldn't sleep very well.  I also read a little of Beth Moore's Memoir, All My Knotted Up Life.


Book 4 I finished


Book 5 I started


A couple chapters in.

Below is the video of the pre-recorded Sunday morning message, which is the 2nd in the series Big Promises for Big Problems...God's Answer to Fear.


Hope you all have a great day.

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. Love seeing photos of loved ones especially the grands. I chuckled when you said you stole a photo from the other grandparents. I am forever taking photos from our son & his wife. A wonderful post. Thank you for sharing this and I hope May is a blessing for you as well as this new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I hope you have a blessed May also.

      Delete
  2. So glad to know nothing's wrong on your end! I can't get over how grown-up Colton is becoming. Oh, that grin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to see him in July. I can’t wait.

      Delete
  3. I had trouble sleeping too, the last couple of nights. I blame it on the changing pressure from the storms that blew through. Hoping for a better night tonight. I love your photos and that young man is adorable!! Have a blessed week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve been having rain and stuff here too. Hope you have a great week too friend.Hope you get some good rest tonight.

      Delete
  4. I was beginning to wonder if you were okay or if I'd missed something as I've been kind of in and out here lately myself. Sometimes we just need to sit back and take stock and do what seems best for the time. I know right now with us having our grandson and his fiancee' here with us our lives have gotten very busy all of a sudden. So blogging has to take a back seat some days. I do hope you will continue to blog, however. I always enjoy hearing from you. Your grandson is getting so big and very handsome!! They do grow up too fast!! Mine is now 23 and 6'4", but it seems like just yesterday he was little like your Colton. So enjoy him as much as you can now. Yes, the weather here has made sleeping more difficult, but I pray tonight I will sleep a lot better as I am sitting here now with my eyes have shut. I hope this is legible. LOL. Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ’m so glad you are getting time with your grandson and his fiancé. And yes they do grow up too fast. Hope you get some really good sleep tonight.

      Delete
  5. Your Colton is growing like a weed just like ours! Gosh, but the years are flying by. He's a handsome dude. :) How are you liking Beth Moore's biography? I'm trying to decide if I want to get it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time sure is flying. As for Beth Moore's book, I've only just started. I'm not sure yet what I think.

      Delete
  6. He has grown so much and is so handsome. I know that I am struggling with reading blogs. I just can't keep up anymore. Take whatever time you need. I certainly don't post often. Mainly Wednesday Hodgepodge and something we may have done with James. I still love it. It's funny, I love Hallmark movies but just can't get into the mysteries. Yet I love the people in them. So nice that you are reading too. Take care and God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the mysteries, but not near as much as I enjoy the Christmas movies.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy