If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good Monday Morning:

I hope all of you are doing well.  I wasn't feeling very good when I woke this morning, but I'm feeling much better now and I'm ready to get some things accomplished on this fine day. 

 

 

It's really pretty out right now with sunshine and blue skies and it's currently 68 degrees here.  However, that's supposed to change around 1:00 and it looks like we may be getting some more rain and thunder and lightening.  It seems we have been having lots of rain lately; but, I must say, the grass is really green and beautiful. 

When we were leaving the house this morning, hubby saw a bird peeking out from our bird house.  As soon as I tried to get a picture it flew away.  It came back and then flew away again and still no picture.  Hopefully I'll get it soon.  Also I put out our hummingbird feeders and so far I've seen 2 hummingbirds. But alas, no picture of them either. Man, I love watching those things! 

On Friday, I met 2 of my cousins at a church in Middletown for a concert of Appalachian Blue Grass Music.  It was fun and we enjoyed it.  After that we went to lunch at Cracker Barrel and it was just so nice to be together and talk about everything under the sun.

  

Saturday night around 9:50 one of the Starlink Satellites was supposed to pass over in our area.  The sky was fairly clear, but I never did see it.  They are supposed to pass by a couple more times this week but they won't be as bright.  But if the skies are halfway clear, I'll probably be out there looking.  I have seen one before, but I wasn't prepared and didn't have my camera with me.  They are really cool to see.  It's like a string of lights in the sky and they only stay in sight for a very short time.

Sunday was nice.  We had 2 really good services.  Sunday morning hubby preached on God's Answer to Temptation.  Make sure your exit signs are still lit.  1Corinthians 10:13 says "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."  Below is the pre-recorded sermon.


Well, that's about it for today.  I hope you all have a really good day.

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. I put out my hummingbird feeder yesterday... and 3 hours later it broke and fell off the window. I'll have to get another one though because I just LOVE watching the hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sky watchers here too. Hubs has the SkyGuide app and we love to see what's flying overhead. We put our hummingbird feeders out a couple of weeks ago and they've returned without too much trouble. It's attached to the exterior of my kitchen window and they used to be skittish when they first came, but I guess they're used to us now. I love them too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Make sure your exit signs are still lit." I love that, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is faithful!! Amen! Nice visit here today, Cathy!! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy