If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above if you'd like to join in with Joyce for the Hodgepodge.

1. What surprises you the most about people? The entitlement feeling that so many people have.  They feel like they deserve to have the best of everything and to earn the big bucks immediately, when those before them had to climb that ladder slowly.

2. Would you rather have a chauffeur, nanny, gardener, maid, personal shopper or cook? Tell us why that one? At this moment, a gardener as I need a couple things planted and everything mulched.

3. May 18th is National Notebook Day. No idea what that means but let's run with it anyway. What's something you currently keep in a notebook? Not really a journal, but verses, sayings, thoughts are something I keep. Have you seen the movie The Notebook? Yes On a scale of 1-5 how does it rate? Probably more a 2.  I didn't dislike it, but it's nothing I want to watch over and over. (5=a favorite, can watch and re-watch and re-watch again)

4. Do you like mushrooms? Yes Last dish you made or ate that had mushrooms on the ingredient list? Stroganoff Your favorite dish that calls for mushrooms? Stroganoff, Pizza, Spaghetti.

5. What would you say is the most annoying thing people do in public? Talk too loudly on a cell phone.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I've posted these several times, but they still make me laugh.  So, here you go again!



Thanks for visiting.  Hope you have a great day!

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. I haven't made beef stroganoff in forever but it's a recipe I've been thinking about lately. I didn't even remember mushrooms were in it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to loathe mushrooms, but now I love them -- anyway, anytime! I can't fully recall the Notebook movie, but remember feeling cross because it differed greatly from the book. Magnificent sounds so much better than elderly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent sounds great!! I love stroganoff but for some reason, never make it. Maybe Mark doesn't like it because it is sort of "gravy like." He isn't a big gravy person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, magnificent is much better than old! lol

      Delete
  4. Yes! to your answer to #1 and I said the same thing in #5. Beef stroganoff is a favorite around here but I forgot to mention it. Hope the rest of your week is magnificent like yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen and I hope your week is also.

      Delete
  5. I love stroganoff but make it more often in the winter months because it feels like a cold weather dish for some reason. My hubs and I both say we have come to loathe the word 'deserve'. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have stroganoff more in the winter too.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy stroganoff too and forgot to mention that.
    Sounds like we're all fairly similar on how we answered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the giggles! This is a fun Hodgepodge and your are right about people talking on their cellphones. I love mushrooms in anything! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I make stroganoff I always leave out the mushrooms because I hate them! LOL I think you and I may be the only ones who opted for the gardener in #2 so great minds were thinking alike there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are. But alas, I believe I will be laying our mulch out by myself. lol

      Delete
  9. I do what you do with the notebook...not a diary, but things that catch my attention, I jot down. I love stroganoff...haven't made it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good answers. I wasn't crazy about The Notebook either. Love that you write down sayings you like in your diary-journal notebook. Haven't made stroganoff in a very long time. Might need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy