If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Share 4 Somethings - June 2023

 



I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for Share 4 Somethings.  The prompts are things we loved, read, learned and ate in June.

Loved:  Our crochet group.  I'm enjoying getting back to crocheting more often.  But mostly I like this group because I'm making friends.  It's fun just being together and talking and crocheting and building friendship.  I'm so glad my sister invited me to join in with this group. Below is the project I'm currently working on.  In fact, when I get done on this post, I plan to find a movie to watch and crochet a little this morning,




Read:  I have read 4 books so far this month.  If you check my Good Reads in the sidebar, you can see what I've read.  I'm getting ready to download another book to read  Hopefully, I'll get some time to read a little bit this weekend.

I'm still enjoying reading the 4 Gospels along with Annie F. Downs each month.  This month we're reading the Gospels in the New Revised Standard Version.  I love reading a different version every month.

Learned: I like mysteries more that I thought. Earlier this year, I read a complete series of mysteries from Alana Terry and now Hubby and I have been enjoying some of the mystery series movies on Hallmark.  Mystery 101, Martha's Vineyard, Crossword Mysteries, Flower Shop Mystery (with Brooke Shields) and several more.  We save these to watch on the weekend usually.  I think I like them because they are not overly intense.

Ate: Hubby and I went to Ford's Garage for lunch yesterday.  We've eaten there a few times in the last couple of years and we both really like it.  We both got a chicken dish (not the same one though) and both were delicious. In fact I had my leftovers for supper last night,  It was probably one of the best meals this month.  We've also had a Starbucks drink a few times this month. I've also been eating blackberries mixed in with my yogurt...Delicious!  The blackberries are from my sister's yard that she has frozen.  She's got bunches, so she gave me a bag.  When I eat my yogurt, I grab a handful of the frozen berries and drop them in.  I've also been enjoying some melon and strawberries too.  In fact, I need to pick some up from the grocery as I am out right now.   All have been very good!

Well that's my 4 Somethings for June.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good weekend.

Cathy

26 comments:

  1. Pretty colors, Cathy! I wish we had a Ford's Garage nearby; both your and Terri's mentions always make me hungry! We're eating a lot of chicken lately, but favor that from Publix' deli counter. Blueberries are one of the few fruits that I like so I might try some in my yogurt. Usually I add chopped walnuts to that (and salad) for a little c-r-u-n-c-h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I forgot to say, I finally found out how to add my Goodreads shelf to my blog. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I'm glad that you did. I like checking others' reads cause sometimes I find something I want to read.

      Delete
  3. I love that project you're working on! It's a great idea to crochet while you watch tv. I am like you and have been enjoying all the fresh summer foods that the season offers. I never realize how much I miss those foods until I start eating them again. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh fruit in yogurt (almost better than ice cream!). I enjoyed your answers!! Your crochet project is lovely. Great colors!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love fresh fruit in yogurt. I bought some strawberries today to use in my yogurt. All my blueberries are frozen, and I'm not sure about trying to eat them frozen. Do you eat the blackberries frozen in your yogurt? I guess they thaw out pretty quickly anyway. Maybe I will try that because I love blueberries. We've also been eating fresh cherries and grapes lately. I need to check out the Hallmark Mysteries and movies. Those sound like good ones. Your crocheting is so pretty. You really are very good at it! I have no clue how to do that, so I will just admire it from a distance. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and happy SONday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the blackberries are frozen. I just grab a handful frozen from the freezer and drop them in the yogurt. Usually I leave for just a bit and the are not to hard to eat. Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Love those blackberries in my brunchtime yogurt, Cathy! And yes, please to leftovers from an excellent meal out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty crochet project! I listen to the 4 Gospels podcast every day and have also enjoyed that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good. Some days I just listen and some days I read along. Either way is good, in my opinion.

      Delete
  8. Pretty crochet projects! Hmm, Ford's Garage is an intriguing name for a restaurant - I assume it's a restaurant, anyway! Hope the rest of your summer is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful crochet blanket! Cathy, do you give them as gifts to family and friends, keep them or sell them? My daughter enjoys mysteries, so I'll pass your author suggestions along to her. I'll check out your GoodReads page as I'm an avid reader and I know I will enjoy seeing what your favorite books have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I usually give away or sell most of what I make. I have no one in mind on this particular blanket, but just loved this yarn color so much and just wanted to make something with it.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you joined that crocheting group and are making friends. The blanket is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a pretty crochet blanket! Blackberries (especially fresh) and yogurt sounds delicious. Hope you have a wonderful July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean and I hope you have a wonderful July too.

      Delete
  12. Cathy, what a beautiful crochet blanket, you do such lovely work. I enjoyed hearing about your month.
    Visiting today from Share Four Somethings #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in your crochet project and I love that you are in a crochet group! My Goodreads is also on my blog but for some reason it doesn't update very often (it's more consistent on my book blog). Happy Independence Day!! Here is my post if you'd like to stop by: https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2023/07/share-four-somethings-june-2023.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy