If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What's one thing you're excited about in the coming month? Flying to Texas for my daughter's wedding and being with both daughters, their hubbies and my grandson.

2. What was your life like when you were ten years old? I was in 5th grade, I shared a room with both my sisters and just before I turned 11, we moved to a new house that dad built and again, I shared a room with both sisters, but this room was a lot bigger and it had red carpet and pink walls.  We loved it, but I can't even imagine those colors together today.  I loved to ride my purple bike with the banana seat and high rise.  I loved to read and go to the Library.  I also loved playing in the little woods with a creek behind our new house.  I was happy and life was good.

3. What's something from your childhood you still enjoy today?  Reading and going to the Library.

4. What state (that you haven't been to) do you most want to visit? Tell us why. Arizona because I would love to see the Grand Canyon.

5. Do you like to drive? Tell us how you learned to drive. Not particularly, but it's okay.  I really don't remember how I learned to drive.  I know I took Driver's Education, so I imagine that's where I learned.  I really don't remember dad or mom taking me driving, but they may have.  I took the training at school when I was 16, but I didn't actually get my license until after I had turned 17.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 




Thanks for visiting.  

Cathy

17 comments:

  1. My sister and I shared a room and it was wallpapered in tiny pink and white flowers with a hint of red in them. Then my dad painted our woodwork RED lol. We loved it and somehow it worked. That Corrie ten Boom quote is my favorite. Safe travels to Texas and enjoy your family being all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red woodwork...how cool was that! Yes, it's one of my favorites too.

      Delete
  2. Your childhood room's decor made me smile out-loud! That's nice, your parents allowing you to choose. The memes you've chosen are so good; like Joyce, I like Corrie ten Boom's best.

    PS - Having lived in Arizona, I'd totally urge everyone to see the Canyon at least once. When my DIL and grands came out, they were surprised what a difference it made, seeing it in person (v. in pictures). The 10-year allowed, "I thought we were just going to look at a big hole in the ground."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same kind of bike!! Purple with a banana seat. LOL How exciting about the wedding coming up - safe travels and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had red carpet with white walls but 2 walls had wallpaper of red and pink roses with white furniture. I had my own room and my sister had her own. We were five years apart and we shared until I was about 9 years old or so.

    Yes, a wedding coming up is something to be excited for. Congratulations and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wedding is just the best event to look forward to!! Please share photos with us!! I am just enough older than most bloggers here that I did not take driver's ed. I got my learners permit at 15 and my license when I turned 16. I passed first time, too!! Another fun Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly try to post some pictures.

      Delete
  6. Red and pink! Probably every little girl's dream for her bedroom. Safe travels to Texas but be ready for the intense heat. It's not pleasant! Loved all the quotes and scriptures. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I’m a bit concerned about that as it is an outdoor wedding.

      Delete
  7. Looks like we'll both be in Texas in July. May joy be strong at your daughter's wedding! I shared a room with my two sisters when I was 10 and later when our youngest sister was born, we ended up with 4 girls in a bedroom! Loved all the quotes for your random thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. I hope you have a great trip too.

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for you to go to the wedding and have some special time with your grandson. I love what you shared about your rooms with your sisters, your bike, the library and playing by the creek. Yes, the Grand Canyon is definitely worth seeing. Loved all your random quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flying to Texa to visit family sounds great, though not the temps. Yes, I loved reading and going to the library too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy