If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Tuesday - Summer Solstice

 

Summer Solstice

 

"Welcome, it's Tuesday 4 time.  I keep it up in memory of my friend Toni Taddeo who really enjoyed her blogs. 

The Summer solstice arrived and some got hot weather and some got chill and rain.  But summer is the time for holidays or vacations, summertime activities and being outdoors more.  It's also a time, like winter, for complaints and we realize that people in Texas, Arizona and Florida stay inside in summer." - From Annie

1. How is summer treating you so far this year?   Could things improve? How do you make summer fun in your neck of the woods? It's actually been pretty good around here.  Some hot days, some rain days and even a bit of the grass already turning brown.  But the rain days have picked up a notch and it's greening up again.  I don't do much outside because I just don't.  I do enjoy getting up early and getting a walk in with the dog...it's definitely best to beat the heat.

2.We give you magic powers! You can change the climate, the surroundings, even  your house and anything you like. Tell us what you are doing to make your summer or your entire year better..... GO!  What I'd really like is to do some remodeling on our house and then sell it and buy a condo, I think.  However, my dad built our house and I think when it came right down to it, I might have a hard time selling it.

3. The puppy on the boat at the right is your new friend.  He wants a name.  What name will you give him and  would you like to be in that picture (if you can't sail we will provide someone for you!) Charlie would be his name and I would love to take a ride on that boat with him, as long as someone else is sailing it.

4.   It's friendship pot luck day at your house this month.  Everyone is  coming. Please assign us what dishes each of us are to bring to make for a great day.(by the way, you needn't use names. Just name some dishes  you would like people to bring along) I'd provide the steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs.  I would really want everyone to bring what they liked best.  That being said, I would love to see some type of potatoes, fresh fruit, and baked beans and anything chocolate for dessert.

Thanks for visiting.  You can link up here.

Cathy

7 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on staying indoors. These fluctuating weather patterns are crazy -- and dangerous, too. Our home's bathrooms desperately need a facelift, but I'm reluctant to spend the $ right now. It's not like we're expecting fancy company, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the bugs of summer. I am all for the steaks and hot dogs and hamburgers. That sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie gave us another fun Tuesday 4. I would love coming to your potluck! I couldn't sell my house if my dad built it. Tough one!! I enjoyed visiting today! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that eventually we will sell and downsize. Not that what we have is very big, but it's still probably more than we need.

      Delete
  4. I sure wish it would just choose to rain at night, then be nice during the day...I mean, is it too much to ask..lol. I've been enjoying morning walks too though I didn't go this morning. I should have. I'll bring some great side dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy