If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, July 3, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning.  Thought I'd share just a bit of my weekend.  It's been hot, stormy and muggy for the most part.  But we needed the rain and I'm thankful for that. 

On Friday afternoon my sister and I headed back up to Dayton to try to find another pair of white shoes to wear at the wedding.  You'd think that in June you'd have no problem finding white.  But I definitely thought wrong.  Anyway, I finally found a pair  at DSW only they didn't have my size.  However, they checked at another of their stores and they had my size, so they had them shipped to my house for free, and I should be getting them real soon.

Saturday, hubby and I went to Chuy's with his mom and had a great lunch. We were seated by a large, rather loud group celebrating a birthday, I believe.  After the first few minutes, I never thought anything more about them and we had a good lunch.  Towards the end of our meal, one of the ladies from the group offered us a piece of their cake as she felt they had been so loud and probably disturbed us.  I thanked them, but said no and that they had been no problem at all.  She said they were 5 siblings (and family members too) and there used to be nine of them and they were always loud. When it came time for the waitress to bring the check, she told us that someone at their table had paid our bill.  We were so surprised and ultimately so blessed.  

After that my mother-in-law and I went to the Christmas Tree Store and I bought another set of landscape lights to go the rest of the way across the front of the house.  I'm really loving these lights.  Saturday evening we watched another Hallmark movie (The first Aurora Teagarden movie with Candace Cameron Bure) and we both enjoyed it.

On Sunday we went to church and Sunday School and they got Chipotle for lunch and took a nice nap and then back to church Sunday evening.  Below is Sunday morning's pre-recorded sermon, Mission Church: A Place to Share.


After church, we picked up a fish sandwich and a piece of hot fudge cake from Frisch's for dinner.  Both were delicious!  Then we watched another Hallmark Garage Sales Mystery Movie and I finished this blog post and did some crochet.  There is our weekend in a nut shell.

Thanks for visiting.  Why not tell me something about your weekend.

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. How sweet that they paid your bill! Don't you love small acts of kindness like that? Talk about an unexpected blessing! It makes me want to be more mindful of that and pay it forward. I'm so glad you had a great weekend, friend! Praise God for the needed rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent dining out story! Hope the shoes arrive as expected and that you love the fit! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Hope you have a great week too,

      Delete
  3. What a thoughtful gesture on the part of those other diners! I love DSW's wide array of shoes. Depending on the manufacturer, I wear either an 8-1/2 or 9. Last time, I tried on several pairs and made note which was which for the next time I want to order on-line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Myra. I typically wear a 7 or 7 1/2, but these must be sized small as I tried on an 8 1/2 and they fit great!

      Delete
  4. That was so nice of them to pay your bill! Sounds like a great weekend. I have a cold and have been resting. Hubby made me some chicken soup. Happy 4th Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry you’re sick. Hope you feel better real soon.

      Delete
  5. Chuys is one of my favorite restaurants, but we don't have one in our town. That was so kind they paid for your bill! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Chuys too. We have 2 that are probably 20-30 minutes away. Hope you have a great holiday too.

      Delete
  6. Oh how sweet to have those people pay your bill! That was really nice and thoughtful of them. I've never heard of Chuy's. Is it a Chinese place? Oh, you mentioned Frisch's...haven't seen one of those in YEARS!! We don't have them here in Florida anymore, but I do remember them. Our weekend was very nice. I just wrote about our Sunday afternoon on my Tuesday 4 blog. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful 4th of July. We expect to be quiet tomorrow since we already celebrated on Sunday afternoon...but then again, we may do something spontaneously. Depends on how hot it is. It's been VERY hot here, but we did get a rain shower a while ago and that helped cool it down a little bit. So thankful! Good night and God bless America!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’re planning a quiet afternoon and evening at home. I boiled eggs tonight for deviled eggs tonight. Glad you got to celebrate yesterday. Hope your 4th will be good.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you found shoes for the wedding. How sweet of that party to bring you cake and pay your bill. Glad you found your Christmas lights too. I've been watching the Christmas movie in July on Hallmark. Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy