If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Book Worms

 

Book Worms

 

Annie says: "Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we try and challenge you to think , discover and make new friends through blogging."

1.  Did any book besides the Bible have an impact on your life or beliefs? I really can't think of one, but since I read a lot of Christian Fiction, many of the books I've read have encouraged me along the way. 

2.  What books influenced you as a young person? I think the Little House Series helped me to really learn to love reading.  Those books and others that the teachers read to us made me love the stories and then I'd check them out from the Library and read them for myself.  And I believe that is how I learned to love reading.

3.  Do you continue educating yourself by reading books or listening to podcasts or lectures? I don't typically think of my reading as educating myself.  But I guess in a way it does. I also love listening to podcasts of all kinds.

4.  Have you ever sat in a coffee shop/restaurant/cafe  reading a book? I don't believe that I have.  What is your preferred place to read? My recliner or really anywhere when I have a few minutes to wait.  Since I have a Kindle and I also have the Kindle app on my phone, I can grab a few minutes here and there to read.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


21 comments:

  1. I loved the books teachers would read to us or have us read. I love reading. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful for those teachers who helped me to learn loving to read.

      Delete
  2. Little House is one of my childhood favorites. I forget I have a Kindle on my phone. I guess because I am busy playing Word with Friends if I am stuck in a line or in down time. I have not heard many podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband likes to record podcasts for us to listen to when we travel. I've always loved that and there are a few that I pick and listen to from time to time.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers. I really need to push myself to read and move away from the Hallmark movies. I like romance novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Christian romance and enjoy those, but I like Hallmark movies too and have been watching some of those too.

      Delete
  4. I love curling up in my recliner to read, but now I'm trying to train myself to listen (via Audible) more often. I can 'read by ear' and get housework done at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a good thing. I use to listen to books in my office at work whenever I could.

      Delete
  5. I have never read in a café/coffee shop either. Actually it seems weird to me. Don't see myself ever doing that but I know a lot of folks do enjoy it! Hope you are enjoying a nice Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good day. Thanks Jennifer and I hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  6. i dont remember any of our teachers reading to us and I did not enjoy reading in school at all. Funny since I was a good reader but, it was just boring to me. Still, I know what I did read had a lot of influence on me. Thank you so much for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie and I hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  7. Oh, the Little House series. So good. I used to pretend to be Laura and play "Little House" with my friends at school. There were some first biographies that I loved, too. Especially one about Eleanor Roosevelt. I really only read in bed or in my loft or on the patio. Seems our TV is always on so I have trouble paying attention with it going in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I can't read with the TV on either. My mom used to all the time though. I read a lot of Junior Biographies on historical characters. Loved them and I still enjoy a biography from time to time.

      Delete
  8. It was a teacher who assigned my class to read "Misty of Chincoteague" and thus inspired a lifelong love of Chincoteague Island. It is my favorite place on the planet! "Julie of the Wolves" was another interesting book, but it didn't inspire me to move to Alaska and live with the wolves! LOL I enjoyed your answers and hearing how books have influenced you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed your post too Stacy. Have a great day.

      Delete
  9. Yes, yes to the Kindle and the app on my phone! It is so convenient having a book to read on my phone!! I enjoyed your answers, Cathy!! I can't imagine life without books to read!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't remember much of what my first teachers did. But I do remember that I was allowed to go with my father to the choir from age 4. He used to finish each repetition with reading a chapter from a book called: "Tim and Tom".
    That made me interested in reading it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful for the people who influenced my life to love reading.

      Delete
  11. I liked Little house on the Prairie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy