If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. What's something bizarre you've seen or heard recently? Can't think of anything right now.  If I do, I'll do an update.

2. July 18th is National Sour Candy Day. Who knew? Do you like sour candies or other foods with 'sour' flavors? Kimchi, rhubarb, gooseberries, tamarind, dill pickles, sour cherries, sauerkraut, cranberries, and  grapefruit...of the sour foods listed which is your favorite? I am not a big fan of sour.  I do like dill pickles sometimes and I like sauerkraut but it has to be rinsed really, really well, so it's not so sour.

3. Share a favorite memory of an aunt or uncle. I've loved all of my aunts and uncles, but probably my favorites were a younger brother of my dad and his wife.  They are just a really fun couple and always they were doing fun stuff.  Probably a favorite memory is when we went on a cruise with them.  I remember every evening we would meet up on the upper deck and just laugh and visit with them.  They lived in Daytona Beach all my growing up years, so we only got to seem them maybe once a year or so.  Loved them so much.  Oh and she makes absolutely awesome home made pizza.  My uncle is the last living sibling of my dad.  He's 90 years old now.  My sister and I were just talking the other day, that we need to make a trip to see them.  I haven't seen them since my dad's funeral in 2016.

4. How would you describe your ability to manage stress? I'm not always very good at this.  I try to just give the problems to the Lord, but I have a tendency to keep picking them back up.

5. What do you think about when you let your mind wander? Nothing in particular.  Mostly I just flit from this to that.  I think I may have a bit of ADD.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I saw this on Instagram or FB the other day and it truly is hubby and me.  lol



Thanks for visiting.  If you'd like to link up with the Wednesday Hodgepodge, you can click on the button at the top of this post.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. Ha I like the meme. My hubs is the talk to the waiter guy in our relationship. I hope you have the chance to see your uncle. The older I get the more I see how much joy these connections bring. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the relationship with extended family. While we didn't get to see some of them often, I'm so glad we did get to visit from time to time.

      Delete
  2. I just laughed out loud at your 'random'! Tom's not shy, but for some reason won't correct our server. Ever.
    It sounds as if your aunt and uncle had a real zest for life. That's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. always fun to head down memory lane and remember the good times we had with those relatives back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sauerkraut has to be rinsed and we add some sugar. We both grew up with sauerkraut with our Bohemian meals. Enjoyed reading your answers. Hope the rest of your week goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to cook a pork roast with sauerkraut and I cut up an apple in it and that helps to mellow it out. However, I do like fresh sauerkraut on hot dogs. I enjoyed your answers. I hope you will try to see your Uncle and Aunt before it is too late. I don't have any living aunts or uncles anymore, and I wish I did. That whole generation is gone from us and there are times I just wish I could bring them back and ask them some questions. My grandparents too...but I wouldn't bring them back from heaven even if I could. We will just have to wait until we have that great reunion in heaven someday. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have such good relationships with your aunts and uncles. Hope you get to see your last remaining one soon. Hope the rest of your week is stress free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please make time to go see your uncle!! You have such great memories of them!! I enjoyed your answers, Cathy!! A happy Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping too. Maybe we could have a quick meet-up as they live in Vero Beach, which I think is not too far from you. Plus if we do see them, I'll also be seeing my daughter in Apollo Beach too. Time will tell if we get to do this or not.

      Delete
  8. I'm right there with you on #4. Enjoyed reading your answers, hope you enjoyed a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely not a fan of sour candy. Candy is supposed to sweet. And enjoyable....not something you have to endure or power through!! Hope you are having a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy