If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, September 18, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

Good morning.  It's a beautiful day here so far.  It's currently 61 degrees and sunny. The high for today is 75.  Perfect!!!!  My sister just texted me and we're heading out shortly to go to Hobby Lobby and Joann's.  It's always a fun time going to those stores with her.  Yay!

Our weekend was nice and mostly quiet.  Friday we went to lunch with hubby's mom and had a good time.  We had fish from Long John's, and that was good.  But the best part was all the good conversation.  I know I probably say this about every time.  But his mom is just so much fun to talk with and we always have the best time together,

Saturday, hubby and I went to a favorite pizza place for lunch.  I had a small pizza (and ate the leftovers for supper) and hubby had spaghetti and meatballs.  Then I ran into Krogers and got a few things and stopped and got a Starbucks drink and spent the rest of the day at home, doing some housework and watching a Hallmark Mystery movie and then a couple of shows we are currently binging in the evenings,

Sunday we went to church both morning and evening and had a nice nap in between.  Below I will post the pre-recorded Sunday Sermon.  It was a really good one about Abraham and waiting by faith from the Hall of Fame of Faith, Hebrews 11.

I hope you had a chance to worship this weekend and I hope you have a lovely day today.  Thanks for visiting,

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great day with your sister. That is wonderful about his mom and you loving to talk with her. Saturday sounds like it was a good day. Glad your Sunday went well too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. Hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend...here's to week ahead just as nice! Hope you find a treasure of two while shopping today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did find a couple and I'm so pleased. Can't wait to use them. I'm also buying an oak table from my sister that I will be able to use to work jigsaw puzzles. Can't wait for that either.

      Delete
  3. What perfect weather! I love the relationship you enjoy with your mother-in-law -- and I bet she feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at Joann's today and got a few fall things. Sounds like you had a very nice weekend! We are having much cooler weather here in So Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a fun mother-in-law, too. It is so nice when you can be comfortable with your MIL!! Sounds like yummy food and good fun shopping with your sister! I wish mine lived closer so we could get out now and then. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this weather! I am so thankful the cooler temperatures have come a little earlier this year. Now I"m looking forward to not seeing bugs :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy