If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. It's National Read A Book Day...whatcha' reading?  Half-Price Book Store had a 20% off sale all weekend.  I typically read books on my Kindle or my iPad...but I couldn't resist going to the sale.  I bought a book for my daughter that completes one of the sets that she has and I bought myself 3 books from the clearance rack.  The one below is what I'm currently reading.




What's a book you want to read? The other 2 books I bought at the sale.


2. Which is better...having high expectations or low expectations? I say high expectations.  Explain why. Why not expect the best?  Life is too short to never get excited and to look for the very best.  I know that can lead to sometimes being very disappointed.  Again, though, if you don't expect the best you are already disappointed.  At least, that's what I think. 

3. Serenity is trusting in Jesus and His plan for my life.  Jesus is the only one who can bring serenity or peace.  John 14:27 " Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

4. What's the most interesting thing in your purse or pocket right now? Nothing really...maybe my phone as I can do so many things with it, including reading, playing a game, talking or texting to a friend and taking many pictures.

5. What helps you calm down? Reading a Psalm and praying or listening to music...also talking with my husband.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It is so good to know my salvation doesn't depend on
what I do, but instead on what He has done.

Thank you so much for visiting.  I hope you have a great day!

Cathy

20 comments:

  1. Going to a bookstore sale is so much fun! I, too, read on my kindle or phone but sometimes it is fun to hold a real book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your thoughts on expectation. If you keep them low you are already disappointed. Love a good bookstore sale! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bookstore sales! I agree with your answer about having high expectations, and I think you're right that having low expectations means you're disappointed already. Have a great week - without any disappointments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym and you have a great week with no disappointments too.

      Delete
  4. I do love a bookstore sale but I try to avoid them as we already have so many books in the house to read lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom go anymore, but couldn't resist this time. lol

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your answers. Amen to #3 and great random. I'm looking forward to meeting the thief on the cross. :) Happy September to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about meeting him, but that would be fun.

      Delete
  6. THose look like good books to read. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! I answered that my phone it the most interesting thing in my purse, too! Nothing else is as smart or interesting as a smart phone!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get serenity by playing hymns on my piano. Really makes a difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you find time to read those. I have got to start reading. I have like 400 romance novels, that I got for nothing, in my Amazon app. You're right, why not expect the best. I am guilty of letting my heart be troubled and being afraid. I have to change that! I love your random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers last week. Those books look good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy