If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Planning

 

Planning

Seeing ahead
Welcome back friends!

A wise man once said that most people fall into their lives.   They don't plan and carry out what they would like to do, they just fall into things through circumstances.      Others plan and prepare for life.  They know the kind of person they want to spend their life with, the kind of family, home  or job they wish to have and make a concerted effort to follow through.  

So what about you?

1. Did you plan to be where you are right now in life or did you just end up where you are? I didn't do a lot of planning until more recent years.  

2. What plans did you make for your future and what plans do you have for the future now or are you just marking time?  The longer I stayed with the job I started at age 19 (which I never intended to stay there until retirement) the more I knew it was where I was supposed to be.  

3.  Do you live where you want to live or would you have done things differently when planning where to live?  I live right where I want to live.  As we get older, we are starting to think about a smaller place that would be easier to take care of...But then again, we'd like to update this place and just stay.  We'll see what the future holds.  Time will tell!

4.  What is planned for this coming Autumn? 

  • trips or plans with family or friends?  No plans, but am almost always up for something.
  • vacations? Just made reservations for our annual trip to Myrtle Beach.
  • holiday plans? Nothing planned yet.
  • Reading list?  Whatever strikes my fancy.

Thank you for joining in to make Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 a success.   

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me that you were able to stay in the same job for all those years and right there in your home town! I can't even imagine what that would be like, because we moved so often in our 54 years of marriage. Yet, we were both following God's plan for our lives and serving God in one way or another. It just shows that God works in different ways with each of us, but for the same purpose...to further His kingdom. Thank you for being faithful to His call. May God continue to bless you and keep you all your days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Pam. God's plan for each of us is different. May you always hear His voice and me too. But not only hear, but believe and do. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have two great, viable options! This reminds me of the HGTV show we like, "Love It or List It." I don't know that I'd ever willingly move again; but then, we were going from Arizona to Alabama ... a whole 'nother can of worms. Time will tell, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be doing some remodeling for sure as that will need to be done before we stay or sell it. Again, time will tell. lol

      Delete
  3. That is really neat that you have had the same job so long. My dad was like that too. I feel like I have had a lot of jobs. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was certainly blessed to have been able to stay there.

      Delete
  4. Wow! It's so amazing that you were in the same job for so long. I seldom meet anyone who has been in the same job for so many years though I know they exist. I enjoyed your answers. I hope your holiday travel goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many people say that...but it is just the way my life went and I believe it was in God's plan for me. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  5. It's a good feeling to know you are at a job that gives a feeling of belonging.

    Renting houses is normal here, so we rent. But due to the housing shortage it's not possible to move at a place that is better. We'll see what happens.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers. We just added on a portion to our house and the nice thing is that we could actually have two separate spaces so we could live in the smaller half and rent out the other half.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy