If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, November 27, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

I went to my sister's for Thanksgiving...hubby wasn't feeling well and didn't get to go.  There were nine of us there.  But definitely my great-nephew was the star of the day.  He just turned 2 and he's very shy, but after lunch he warmed up a lot and loved all the attention he was getting from everyone watching him and oohing and ahhing over everything he did.

My baby brother and his wife (grandparents to the great nephew)  I think
Grandpa is a little worn out.  lol

Mommy playing with him.  They'd put this vest on him and he'd run across
the room and take it off and run back to mom to put it on again.


Daddy, Mommy and great grandpa



My brother-in-law is to the right and it's their home
we are in.


Out of kindness, I did not post the picture I took of my sister because she would not have liked it and not only out of kindness, but fear for my life.  lol  She has always hated to have her picture taken, so I didn't put one of either of us.  I took a plate of food home to my hubby and he enjoyed that a lot.  He hadn't had much to eat for the past several days. So he was a happy man too, although still in pain when he moves too much.

Friday, I ran out and did some errands and hubby placed an order at Cracker Barrel and I picked that up on the way home.  The rest of the day was spent at home, resting and watching Christmas movies,etc.  Saturday was a very similar day.  On Sunday we went to church...hubby still couldn't turn his head, but he did preach and I personally thought it was a great sermon.  Below is the pre-recorded version of his sermon.

So that's pretty much our weekend.  Hubby called and made an appointment with the chiropractor this morning and after that, I'm meeting my sister to go do some shopping.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.  I'd love to hear about your weekend.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Sorry that hubby wasn't feeling well. Looks like a nice time. Love the little guy. So darn cute. Glad you husband enjoyed the plate of food. Hope he is feeling better. I've been enjoying watching the Christmas movies. Each day I work a little bit on decorating the house but I will not do too much this year. Just not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is starting to feel better, but not quite there yet. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Your sister's home is lovely, Cathy! But of course, the star of the day has to be your adorable great-nephew. I'm sorry to hear your hubby's not feeling so well, but just lifted a prayer that he'll be better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. Hubby is doing better, but not quite there yet.

      Delete
  3. I know y'all missed your husband at the festivites. Isn't having a great nephew and kids around so fun? I loved spending time with mine this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so fun! Glad you had fun with yours too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I am sorry your hubby wasn't feeling well and had to miss Thanksgiving dinner, but it sounds like he still got a good meal. And probably being quiet and resting at home was the best medicine for him. That little guy is so cute! I am sure he enjoyed being the center of attention! It's been a long time since we've had any little ones around, and I miss watching them play. Oh, Cracker Barrel dinner sounds good too. We don't have one near enough to us to go to very often, and I miss it! I hope your hubby gets feeling better soon. Amazing he was still able to preach, but that's God!! I know how God works to get His Word out there! Take care and God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam thanks for your kind words. Yes, it was definitely God who helped him. What would any of us do without God's help.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy