If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click above to link up and play along.

1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. Is yours in need of a cleaning? Will you get that done today? How often do you tackle this particular chore? I think mine isn't too bad as I cleaned a lot of it out before we left.  When we get back home, I need to wipe it all down inside and out and we should be good to go.

2. November 15th is also National Philanthropy Day...tell us about a charity (local or otherwise) you like to support when you're able. Our town's food pantry is one.  

3.What in nature inspires you and why? The sky and the ocean as they are so big and beautiful and always remind me of God.








4. What's something you own that makes you feel cozy? Our fuzzy blankets...I brought 2 with me on vacation.

5. Who did you thank today? Who thanked you? Our waitress and she thanked us.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I've started a new lap blanket and I think I'm going to like it.  When I get a little farther I'll take a picture of it.  As to question #2, my sister and I are both making some lap blankets and we're planning to donate them to the Hospice where our sister was.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great week.  We have one more week of vacation left and we are enjoying most every minute.

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see a picture of your blanket! Enjoy your week of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. We are having a great time. Very quiet and relaxed and being together.

      Delete
  2. I have a favorite fuzzy blanket too : ) I'm sure Hospice will appreciate the ones you gift them. Looks like you're having a wonderful getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About three or four years ago for Christmas, my husband bought five blankets and we love them. My kids are always camped out on a couch with a blanket so it made sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I are always under a blanket in the evening at home too.

      Delete
  4. Is there anything cozier than a big fuzzy blanket? Why didn't I remember to say that! We've 4 in circulation now; it's comical how the dogs each have their favorite. Your lap blankets' donation is a wonderful gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos of the sunrises/ocean/etc. I am glad you are relaxing and enjoying your vacation! It is lap blanket season, for sure. I love that you can actually make them and donate them to those in need. Those are much nicer than the store bought ones. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We both are enjoying our time here.

      Delete
  6. The photos are wonderful and seeing those sights would make me praise God. Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not fuzzy blanket weather here, yet, but I do have a fuzzy throw that I use in January/February. Your ocean photos are beautiful. I look forward to seeing your new lap blanket. It's great that you are supporting the Hospice where your sister was. Hospice care is so wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really realize just how great they are until we spent the 3 days there with Karen. My sister and I both want to give back to them so they can bless someone else.

      Delete
  8. Love those sea and sky photos, and I agree - the vastness of the ocean and the sky puts me in awe of God. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think refrigerators are easier to clean today compared to years ago. Good for you on the food pantry. I agree, they sky are oceans are beautiful. Love your photos. The blankets sound perfect. Looking forward to seeing your new blanket. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I realized I never commented on posts last week. I enjoyed your answers. Your photos were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy