If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, December 11, 2023

Bits of This and That

 

It's been a good weekend.  I hope yours was too.

On Friday evening hubby and I picked up his mom and we got a quick bite to eat and then drove around and looked at Christmas lights.  It was so fun and something we do a couple of times during the Christmas season.

This picture and the one below are from a display we've been going to see for multiple years.  It's interactive and just a lot of fun to see.   And yes, this is someone's home in the middle of a subdivision.  It's a favorite.


These next 2 are from the same neighborhood and were very beautiful too!


On Saturday we had Olive Garden for lunch (I'm so hooked on their soups this time of year).  Then I ran into the grocery and picked up some items and then we were home.  I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, napping some, reading, and watching Christmas movies.  This is my favorite kind of day!

On Sunday, we went to church and had a great service.  Hubby's pre-recorded sermon is posted below.  We had put a chuck roast in the crock pot on Saturday night so we had a delicious meal of beef and noodles after church.  We also have leftovers and will be having beef and something tonight for dinner.



So, this is about a perfect weekend for us.  I hope you had a good one too.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Yes, your weekend sounds delightful! I can't get over those first two images ... wow. I've never (helped to) decorate my home's exterior, but appreciate those who do!

    PS - Here's a link my friend told me about -- 2017 decorating the White House. I've not watched it yet, but it's on my list!

    https://www.hgtv.com/shows/white-house-christmas-2017/episodes/white-house-christmas-2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh, the Grinch ate my earlier comment.
    I was just popping in to "oooh" and "aaah" about those first two pictures. Imagine all the fun the homeowner(s) have putting it all together.
    And yes, Olive Garden's soups are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they start putting it up in October. It's synced to music that you can turn to a channel on the car radio. So fun!

      Delete
  3. Perfect weekends are amazing!! I want to drive around this weekend to see lights. One of the communities here in town ALL decorate their homes. I haven't been through it in years so look forward to it. Have a perfect week ahead, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some fabulous lights! I like the idea of spending several nights looking at lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice weekend. The lights are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy