If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday 9

 

Wildest Dreams

You can link up here if you'd like to participate.


Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?  It was last evening and we were headed out to view some Christmas lights after picking up hubby's mom to go with us.

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.) My hubby who is just in the other room and I think he is definitely feeling better today.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?  Only if I happen to be out with the dog.  I watched lots of sunset and sunrise skies last month when on vacation.

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?  Honestly, I have no desire to go to either, but there are lots of places in the USA I'd like to visit.
 
5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?  No, I don't make appointments any more.  I just go to our local Great Clips for my haircuts.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe? Blue
 
7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business? I think of Carrie Fisher whose mom was Debbie Reynolds.

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles? Nope, I feel pretty good this morning.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?  I've lived in 4 different zip codes and all were in less than a 20 mile residence from where I live now.


Thanks Sam.  These questions were fun this week.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. I like your answer to #4. A guy I know was rhapsodizing about Savannah, which he only visited over a long weekend but he thought it was terrific and I thought, "I've never seem Savannah." I'd prefer that to Rome or Gaborone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've never been to Savannah either.

      Delete
  2. Yes, there’s certainly a lot to explore in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling good! Stay well. There are some nasty things circulating out there. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing y'all are to your mother-in-law. I'm grateful to have traveled abroad in the past, but have no desire to do so now. You're right, there's so much our country has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun questions this week and I enjoyed reading your answers. Glad hubby is feeling better! I am also content to stay in the USA and not think about traveling outside of our borders. Been there, done that. You sure had some beautiful sunrise/set photos from your vacation!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have a lot of blue, in all sorts of shades.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy