If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 


Good Morning:

I haven't written a Thankful Thursday post since almost 1 month ago.  But I think it's time to be intentionally thankful today.  How about you?  My friend, Rebecca Jo got me started on this many years ago as she had a link up and it got me to be fairly regular in thanking God for so many things.  She no longer has the link-up, but I know some others have continued on writing their posts and I did for a while, but have gotten lax about it.  Here's to ending the year and hopefully starting the new year thanking God in a Thankful Thursday post each week.

Some things I'm currently thankful for:

* Lunch with some of the local (girl) cousins - Monday a small group of us girl cousins went to lunch at Bob Evans.  We all have such a great time being together and I hope we'll keep on doing this.  We only had a very few that could attend this time, but we talked and laughed and had a great time (at least I know I did and they seemed to also.)  There were four of us cousins, 1 second cousin, 1 third cousin and 2 fourth cousins.  Hoping more will get to come next time.

4 Generations of Cousins - ranging in age from 1 to 80 something

*  My Mother-in-Law:  We went out to see some Christmas lights again Tuesday and I know I say this all the time, but it's true.  We just had the best time talking and being together.  She's got a birthday tomorrow and will be 88.  I can hardly believe that's true.  Her mind is super-sharp and she gets around like she's 60 or younger.  She's full of so much life experience and wisdom.  I loved it that night, Tracy couldn't find his wallet and was so afraid he had dropped it outside the restaurant.  After looking and we couldn't find it, she just prayed out loud and asked God to help us find it.  We went ahead and enjoyed the rest of our drive and Tracy came home and found it had dropped out of his pocket in our bedroom.  He called her to let her know and she was just praising God.  So you can tell, she loves the Lord and depends on Him, as we all  should.  She's an amazing pianist and also has a beautiful voice.  In fact, I want to be like her when I grow up! lol


Here she is with her great-grandson a little over a year ago.

* Creation - I'm so amazed and thankful for all that God created for our use and our pleasure.  The skies, the oceans, the whole earth and all mankind.

Sunset across from our church.

* God - I love God, but He loves me even more.  He gave His son for my salvation and there is no greater gift.

A live nativity we attended a couple years ago.

These are just a few of the things I am thankful for today.  If you would like to share what you are thankful for, I would love to hear it.

Cathy



 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your hubby's wallet didn't get far. How well I know that awful feeling when something goes missing. Your reactions made me think of that splendid saying, "Let go and let God."
    Wow, I can't believe by that photograph that your MIL is 88 years young. She's beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing these good tidings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. She does look really good, doesn't she. "Let go and let God" is a great saying and the one my husband constantly reminds us of at church is, "He's God and we're not." That really helps keep things in perspective. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful meeting up with your cousins. I love that! That is so nice that you spend time with your mother in law and she sounds lovely. So glad the wallet was found. Gods love is amazing. I love the photos you shared. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy