If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. Oxford's Word of the Year for 2023 is 'rizz'. Hmmm...before today had you ever heard the word? No Do you know what it means? No (Apparently it's short for charisma) Have you ever used the word? No If you were in charge of the world, what word would you declare word of the year for 2023? I have no idea.  However, I would love to hear everyone praising Jesus!  I'd love to hear His name being used in praise all the time.

2. What's one word you tend to abbreviate in your writing or speech? (as in rizz for charisma) I can't think of anything right now.  When on social media, I guess I use lol a lot.

3. Are you a Hallmark movie watcher this time of year? Yes What's your favorite character from a holiday- themed movie, book, or TV special? All 4 of the main characters in White Christmas.



4. Something you look forward to eating this month? Nothing in particular.  We're planning to do a ham for Christmas and that will be good.  

5. What's the most stressful part of the holiday season for you? So far I think this year there isn't much stress for me.  I hope it stays that way.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. I post this most every year and I never get tired of it.


Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. Charlie Brown Christmas never gets old. I love White Christmas too. I especially love the wardrobe. People dressed better then : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to watch White Christmas tonight. I love to see the Peanuts Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I am finding this to be a very stress-free holiday season too and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too. Did all our shopping yesterday online! Best way to do it!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful response to #1 ... 💯!
    I'll never forget when I first learned the significance of Linus dropping his blanket. Goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually used the Charlie Brown Christmas story in my Sunday School lesson on Sunday (adults). I love Charlie Brown and friends. I wish I had thought of that when I answered the questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I love white Christmas. I couldn't think of any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worshipping Jesus is the most worthwhile use of our time. Stress free is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't come up with some answers either. I should have said White Christmas. I watch that and It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. So happy your not feeling stressed. I have a Hallmark ornament the does the same thing they showed on YouTube. It's a favorite of mine. He's standing on the stage and a light comes on and he talks. Take Care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just watched White Christmas last night and I still love it so much! Same with Linus's scene from Charlie Brown's Christmas - never get tired of that. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy