If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Bits of This and That

 


Good Monday Morning:

I hope it's warm where you are, because it sure is not warm here.  It's just 5 degrees outside right now.  5 degrees!!  That's crazy!  Well, actually it really isn't...that's normal here in Ohio for this time of year.  But also, like normal, I really hope it doesn't stay like this for too many days.  Anyway, it's fairly warm here inside my little office at the church. Now, I just turned on my little ceramic heater and it'll be even warmer in here in just a few minutes.  I love time being here alone in my office and knowing that Tracy is just on the other side of the sanctuary in his office.

We picked up some breakfast on the way in and I enjoyed my eggs and sausage and listening to the 15th chapter of John being read by Annie F Downs and the podcast called "Let's Read the Gospels".  And now, I'm writing this post.  So here's a bit about my weekend.

I took down all the decorations and boxed most of them up.  On Saturday after getting some lunch I ran into the grocery and picked up a couple of gift cards and checked out their Christmas aisle and they had some really nice bins on sale for $6.99 and I bought 3, as I needed some to finish packing up the Christmas stuff.  They were not super big, which makes it so much easier for me to handle.  I have 3 big boxes of Christmas stuff ready to donate.  I was pretty ruthless as I went through them when decorating.  I got rid of things we no longer use and even though there are great memories connected to this stuff, it's time for me to get rid of them.  And guess what, I still have the memories.  I'll be contacting the Vietnam Vets of America today to set up a time to get this stuff.  

On Sunday we had a great morning service, but hubby cancelled the evening service because we didn't want people out in the bitter cold after dark.  We picked up some chicken at KFC and came home and ate lunch and then took a nap.  After that, I went to the garage and swept and moved some things around and then carried out all the Christmas boxes and now that is finished and ready for next year.  After that, we watched some TV and I napped through a couple of the shows.

Here's the pre-recorded Sunday morning sermon.  This is the 2nd sermon in the series, "Outrageous Grace" which is about Jonah.  I've really been enjoying what I've been learning.


 

So this is bits and pieces of my weekend.  How was yours?

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. Cathy, sounds like a lovely weekend...if not, a cold one! And a super cold morning!! Five degrees...oh my. That podcast sounds super interesting. I have not really gotten into podcasts but I would enjoy hearing the gospels when I need "space filled"! Congrats on getting all those bins and decor organized. It is a great feeling, isn't it?? About the British crime show. We really enjoy Midsomer Murders but, if you try it, I would suggest starting with the older series. Some of the more recent seasons and episodes have gotten quite macabre. Why? Did you know there is a "spin off" to Death in Paradise? I believe it is called Beyond Paradise. You should look for that one as well!! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hubby found the spin-off and we have watched some of that too. Thanks for the information and I will keep that in mind on the Midsomer Murders.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, finding those storage bins (smokin' deal!) and getting everything packed up. Tom still insists he's going to put the tree up in the attic, but the box has been sitting on end in the family room for a week now. I'm thinking I should put a hat and coat on it. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left out two snowglobes just because I love the lights and they are out of the way on our piano and I can watch them throughout the evening. Not sure when or if I will pack them away. But if I do, they just get boxed up and put in a storage cabinet in the house. You made me laugh out loud when you said you should just put a hat and coat on it. lol

      Delete
  3. Yes, that is cold but not like Amber in Montana. They went as low as -31. It's better today but will be going down again on Tuesday to -25. You heater sounds nice and your breakfast sounded good. Way to go on packing up your decorations. My ornaments and tree is finally packed away. I still have things to pack away after I get rid of some things in the boxes that I don't use anymore. Have a great week. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I hope it never gets that cold here. Stay warm!

      Delete
  4. Ugh; I hate when those cold temps hit and always hope they'll pass us by quickly as well. I try to weed a few decorations out each year and only put out those things I really, really love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure next year I'll send some more away, but I'm pretty happy with what I did this year.

      Delete
  5. Good for you for donating Christmas decorations. I have all of my Christmas down, but haven't put it away yet. Maybe I will do that this week. It is just 10 degrees in Memphis, so cold down here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it took me a bit to do it, but I'm so glad it's finished.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I hope you stay warm and cozy in your home with all this cold weather you are having. We get down in the 30's mid week this week, so we are bracing for that. LOL. I know that's nothing for you guys, but for us here in Florida, it is COLD! We are thankful not to have to deal with snow and ice, however. We've been there and done that and are thankful to not have to do it anymore. Hubby and I packed up all of our Christmas stuff this past Friday and managed to get it all put away in the shed by ourselves. Our son Scott came home on Sunday and planned to take care of it for us, and was surprised to see we had already done it. I am glad we saved him the trouble, as he works almost 7 days a week and needs to have a day of rest. We still had a nice visit with him and then he headed back to his place an hour away. I didn't get rid of any Christmas stuff this time, but I am thinking about it for next year, not putting out so much, and what I don't use I can start donating elsewhere. The older we get the less we need to be doing! It's just too much work.
    Well, I hope you have a blessed and safe and warm week. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you that you got it all packed and put into storage!! Glad you got to relax and enjoy your visit with Scott. Stay warm this week.

      Delete
  7. I am so happy that I live in Florida. Our 45 degrees feels like 5 degrees to me now, after being a Floridian for 35 years! Brrrrr!! I was born and raised in Ohio so remember those cold winters! Glad you are toasty warm in your office. I need to purge Christmas decorations again. I have a very small tree now and don't use half of the ornaments I have. Maybe this year. Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't put up a tree for a couple of years, so I bought a small one (4') and decorated that. So, I kept the ornaments I used on that and got rid of most of the rest of them.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy