If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



1. What's a change you'd like or need to make this year? I've mentioned it before, but definitely I need to eat healthier and exercise more.  

2. Break the ice, on thin ice, ice skating, tip of the iceberg, ice cold...which icy idiom applies to your life right now? Explain. Really not any of them, but let's go with ice cold.  I love to drink my water ice cold and I need to drink more water every day.  I drink more water than I ever have on most days, but there are still too many days that I don't drink enough.  Also, it's supposed to get ice cold next week...like one day they're saying -2 for the low...yuck!

3. What's a project you've been putting off? Will you get to it this month? This year? A purge of stuff from our home.  I've been in the process for awhile, but I hope to get a lot farther along in the process.  I've been sorting and giving away and throwing away, but it's taking longer than I thought.  Who knew, we had this much stuff.  lol 

4. Of the fruits that grow well in winter which ones have you tried? Which is your favorite? pomegranates, clementines, persimmons, passion fruit, pears, grapefruit, lemons, pomelos, kumquats  Clementines, Persimmons, Pears, Grapefruit, Lemons.  My favorite of those is the Clementines.

5. What do you think it means to be courageous? Courage is when you are afraid to do something you do it anyway.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I was listening to an interview yesterday with Joni Eareckson Tada and she mentioned this quote.  It's really stuck with me.  


One example of this is when Christ was crucified for our salvation.  We know God didn't love what happened to Jesus, the beatings, the betrayals, the Cross, but through that He made the only way for us to be re-united with Himself, which He loves. I'm so thankful for that.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." --John 3:16 NKJV

Cathy


20 comments:

  1. I love Joni! My mom met her one time in an airport and she was so kind. My mom will say that somehow (my mom) ended up telling her all about some issues she was dealing with in caring for her aging mother and Joni was so encouraging. I have tremendous admiration for her faith in the midst of suffering and I appreciate how she writes about suffering so eloquently. Good luck with your decluttering. I think everyone is in the same boat there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome to have met her. I just respect her so much.

      Delete
  2. Amen! I'm not familiar with Joni, but I want to look her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is well worth checking into. Check at Joniandfriends.com or YouTube

      Delete
  3. I read one of her books many years ago. She is a great example of courage and faith!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read your hodgepodge. I was nodding my head all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look up Joni and thanks for the link! I enjoyed my visit here and your answers to the Hodgepodge!! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do that too. I try to eat better and exercise but fall short often. Yes, we must drink our water. Purging is not easy, however I must do it this year. Wishing you good luck accomplishing it. That's a good explanation of courage. Your random is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pretty good purging my Christmas stuff, but still have a few things I just couldn't part with yet, even though I haven't put them out for the last several years.

      Delete
  7. Such a great and thought-provoking quote from Joni Eareckson Tada. Helps put the bigger picture in our perspective, I think. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire Joni's attitude too. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We eat a lot of clementines too! I'd like to start eating healthier this year too... and I'm always trying to add more exercise into my days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it's very hard to stay consistent with it for me. I imagine for most people too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy