If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 22, 2024

Bits of This and That

 

Good Morning:

It's been another rather quiet weekend...my favorite kind. 

On Friday we stayed home all day.  That is something we rarely ever do.  I loved every minute of it.  Got up around 7:00am and first thing I put on a pot of potato soup and I'm having the last serving for breakfast right now.


Lucy doesn't seem to mind the snow at all.  She loves to go and check it all out multiple times a day.  However, I won't let her stay out to long as I'm afraid it will hurt her paws.



The birds don't seem to mind the cold or snow either

The trees in the back yard were full of birds

Saturday we went out in the afternoon and got some lunch and ran some errands and spent the rest of the day at home.  Sunday we went to church and had some really good services with lunch in the afternoon from Cracker Barrel and a nap.  After evening service we watched some TV and I crocheted some, still working on the project for the kids at my sister's church.  

Here's Sunday's pre-recorded sermon.  It's #3 in the "Outrageous Grace" Jonah's series.   


See, I told you it was a quiet weekend.  So, what did you do this weekend?

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. This is the perfect time of year to stay warm inside! That expression on Lucy's face is darling. I'm guessing "What are YOU looking at? Have you never seen a dog in a coat before?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets very exasperated with me when I keep calling her name to try to get a picture...and yes I think you've caught her thoughts exactly!

      Delete
  2. Nothing too exciting. We had a stay at home weekend, too...not that there was much choice with the sickness we're all fighting. We did go out for a little bit Saturday because I needed a few things. We also looked at furniture a local store and ended up buying a new sofa and one of those chair-and-a-half things. That was it, though. That wiped us out. My Daisy doesn't mind the snow, but HATES the super cold temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your pictures, and Lucy is a cutie pie. I bet she would love our grandpups Sugar and Spice. They would have fun together. They've never seen snow, however. Not sure what they'd do with it. I never would have thought of having potato soup for breakfast...but hey, why not? I like fried potatoes for breakfast, and sausage gravy and biscuits, so why not potato soup? Especially on a cold winter day! You might start a new trend. Hope you have a pleasant week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid to eat today as it may not have been good by tomorrow. I don't like to take chances on food like that. And I surely didn't want it to go to waste...so breakfast it was. lol

      Delete
  4. You should share your potato soup recipe! That sounds delicious and is one of my favorites. We had a quiet weekend as well, with all the snow and ice that was still on the roads. I broke free today, though, and drove my car for the first time in eight days! I was relieved to be out alone and driving. 🤣 We had a great service at church yesterday, which was the highlight of my weekend. Thanks for sharing about yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have shared it many times. It is so easy and the recipe came from Weight Watchers many years ago. 1 32 oz box of chicken broth, 1 packet of Pioneer Peppered Gravy Mix and a bag of Potato O'Brien Hash Browns. I just pour the chicken broth and Peppered Gravy Mix in the pan and whisk until the gravy powder mixes in and let it come to a low boil and then add the Potato O'Brien in. Bring it back to a boil. That's it. Just cover and let simmer on low for an hour or so. Stirring to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

      I can make regular potato soup too but this is really good and really easy and just the way I like it.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a relaxing weekend and lunch at Cracker Barrell is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love potato soup. Looks good and this is definitely soup weather! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. So glad we have connected in this way, and maybe one of these days in person : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. My weekend was quiet too. It's good to have one now and then!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy